• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Snow plowing Yankee Style

zak

I've been using this to plow snow for for more than twenty years. It began life as my first ride, a stock 59 Jeep CJ5 with a 4cyl engine. Like all kids I had to hot rod it so I added a 215 c.i. olds aluminum v8. It served well for about the next ten years until the body rusted away. Not being one to get rid of something that still worked, I made up this mess. A oil tank cut in half makes a good rear box. I was going to add a hydraulic cylinder and make a dump box but never got around to it. I just finished clearing the 6" of overnite snow and will probably have to do it again before dark. It gets allittle cold sometimes but its beter than walking behind a snowblower up a 300 foot drive. :D

Attachments

pa.rich

You could build a wood fire in the oil tank, that would be good. Good visibility on that jeep that way! Hang on to it they are great for plowing. A friend of mine from 35 years ago had one with a 327 in it. I drove it and you never had to down shift. That engine could have tore the drivetrain apart if I got on the gas too hard.

emr

That would be funny, U could put a burn barrel in the bed and tell people its run on steam! I think alot would believe it. LOL. I would drive that beuty too!!! Randy

citizensoldier

Whew! Good deal.. Just checking and I hope you dont do it again.. Knock on wood..click, click , click .. Ouch now my head hurts... lol
I sure can tell the budget cut backs are in place on weekends! No overtime this year! I think I will take the snowmobile to get groceries next time we have a storm on a weekend.. I was rolling snow up on the hood of the Subaru! :driver:

TedG

When I first saw that county truck stuck, I thought "Michigan pot holes"! It has been at least 30 hours since the last snow flake fell and I have not had a county truck drive by yet. Good thing my mog was ready!

The cj snow plow set is awesome!

Off topic: Lane, using Argyle yet?

Regards

citizensoldier

Oh yes Ted.. Plowing my drive and a rental home.. I picked up some chain for those 1100's too! I might just put them on and drive through the woods for fun.. I need to get some pictures of it in action for this thread. It needs a bigger plow though.. That one wont even slow him down.. These old trucks are like dozers.. Gotta love em..

citizensoldier

Not off topic.. Its a Yankee plow truck!

Off topic: Lane, using Argyle yet?

Regards[/quote]
Here he is .. along with some of my other projects.. I have been building 230's and a 251 lately.. staying warm in the shop.. :D

Attachments

TedG

RE: Not off topic.. Its a Yankee plow truck!

Lane,

It is good to know Argyle is being used and taken care of! Thanks for the pictures! For traction, I put some field stone on a pallet and placed in the rear, talk about traction!

BTW, next time your down, I found the original SF97 form in my files...yours if you want it, just remind me.

Regards,

zak

Lane, it does'nt look like you ever need to leave the shop! I see heat, protection, cooking, entertainment what more could a person need? By the way how many yards of dirt does the 5 ton hold?

OpieNoTool

zak said:
Lane, it does'nt look like you ever need to leave the shop! I see heat, protection, cooking, entertainment what more could a person need? By the way how many yards of dirt does the 5 ton hold?
He only needs to leeve to get BEER :beer:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet looking little MF! What were you doing with it? no plow on it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks