• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Snow plowing Yankee Style

OpieNoTool

doghead said:
Sweet looking little MF! What were you doing with it? no plow on it?
HAHA it has an underbody like our plow trucks :D I do normaly have a front plow on it but i bent the linkage when i hit a rock under the snow. The tractor works great plowing snow takes me about 15 minutes to do the driveway. As for the hook the hole was to big for the hole! and my smallest shacle is a 20tonner :(

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool, Thanks!

citizensoldier

I guess I should crop out the backgrounds ha

Well I love my shop and spend most of my time out there. All the comforts one needs, Cable, heat, radio, and refrigerator for beer.. After years of tarping stuff and snow down my ass along with all the other joys of working outside enough was enough.. hehehehe
Built a small house to sleep in and big shop to play in :D :shock: But at the time all I had was M37's and I recycled the trusses off a house I demoed so that dictated the size of my building and then I met Dave P !!! Now I need a bigger shop because I have to shoe horn a 5 ton into it! Ughhh.. He somehow got me hooked on the big stuff and its been all OD fever ever since.
You can see what my snow leapord does after a day in the snow.. :D

Attachments

citizensoldier

Yep that 543 fit with about 6 inches on each end.. Whewwww. "Dont pop the clutch Opie ! She will take the whole barn down!" Sucks that my M109 wont fit nor will a M820 or M819.. But maybe a 816.. Not sure if they are longer than a M543 or not?
Saving my money for a bigger plane steel pole barn and save this one for engine building and my little Dodges..

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Nice looking 140.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since your now including "Hillbilly and Redneck" along with Yankee, here is my old faithful yard plow. It started life as a 76 IH Scout II.

Attachments

ucfjeeper

hey, so whats all that white stuff on the ground?? JUST KIDDING, a past yankee, now a floridian... I DON'T MISS IT. That plow truck is sweet though. Like the mini dump bed.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, hooded sweatshirt and Carhart pants are the "official uniform" of the well dressed redneck! (are you wearing Lacrosse burly boots too?)

gbooth

doghead said:
(are you wearing Lacrosse burly boots too?)
No I have on a stylish pair of Earth shoes from Wally world $16.95.

citizensoldier No not a 4x4 but it has a lift kit and ATV tires It will surprise you on how well its gets around in the snow it will plow through 10-12 inches with no problem

citizensoldier

Yep! Most rednecks seem to be south of the Ohio, WV boarder.. Anything above that all though redneck in nature is known as a Hillbilly.. Yankee.. We all fall under the cloak of crazy, goofy, and so on. Its the good old boy club of America.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks