• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Snow plows

markshr151

Why don't M35s have snow plows(sounds like a line from a joke) I have never seen one and thought this would be a natural ,tell me ,why not?

KRaiskio

They do. I was looking at putting one on mine. There are a few people on here with them. Also saw at eastern surplus they have some for the m35 and 5 tons

bassetdeuce

Not my videos below, but I'm going to do this someday with one of my trucks. I'll go with a 9 foot Western.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maoUTuVjbNU[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTDqGrdJChc&feature=related[/media]

surfdog

I'm in the process of having a plow and dump hoist put on my deuce. I will get some pictures uploaded in the next few days. JATONKA is setting me up.

He also has a deuce that a school district added a front and wing plow to. I see if I can get pics of that beast too.

supermechanic

I have an 11 foot funnel plow on my dump, most of the time you can't tell that you are even pushing snow, maybe 18" of wet, packed snow will make it grunt, but mostly you don't notice the difference between blade up and blade down.
I plowed with a 1 ton truck for many years, believe me, I could tell that one was working to push snow, some times burned up 100 gallons of gas a night.

mikey

I'm in the process of having a plow and dump hoist put on my deuce. I will get some pictures uploaded in the next few days. JATONKA is setting me up.

He also has a deuce that a school district added a front and wing plow to. I see if I can get pics of that beast too.
bout how much is that costing you?

dragonwagon

Dissadvantage i see , no PS , big turn radius , cost of plow . your standard 7' or even 8 ' plow is to small , your duals will run in snow . 9 ' gets pretty pricey and your not going to find a used one to easy .

Long straight drive or private road im sure it would do great though .

bassetdeuce

Dissadvantage i see , no PS , big turn radius , cost of plow . your standard 7' or even 8 ' plow is to small , your duals will run in snow . 9 ' gets pretty pricey and your not going to find a used one to easy .

Long straight drive or private road im sure it would do great though .
All this is true. I'm still going to do this though. Its too cool not to. Not to mention, when the storm of the century hits up here, he that owns the biggest plow is king. Kinda like in the south after a huge hurricane hits, he that owns the biggest generator is king.

jatonka

To answer some questions on previous posts: Surfdog has a deuce with 11.00x20 singles from the military, therefore, no duals running a new track in the snow. All real plow jockeys pretty much know that one track in the snow is the way to go.
I install what the customer wants, if he wants new, big ticket, he gets it. If as with Surfdog, who has a lot of projects and a frugal money supply, i find used items to make his dreams come true. The plow frame is from a welding /fabricating shop that moved south. I mounted it, reinforced it, and set up a used Fisher belt driven power angle plow pump/valve system to raise and angle a nice used plow that Surfdog located for his truck.
the cargo hoist system works out the same way, I supplied the PTO/accessory drive and Surfdog bought a like new 18 ton hoist fr under the cargo bed. I mounted the whole thing and he has a heck of a useful M35A2 for his farm. You can PM me anytime for cost estimates. JT out

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks