• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Snugging up loose belts

Ajax MD

A winter or two ago, I replaced all of the belts on my M813. It was very cold so the belts were stiff and probably contracted a bit. Now they've stretched out a bit and the slack should be taken up.

My concern is the water pump belt. If I loosen the pump to take up the slack, what are the odds that it won't seal up again? The belt isn't going to fly off but it does have more than the specified amount of deflection. Should I let sleeping dogs lie?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
A winter or two ago, I replaced all of the belts on my M813. It was very cold so the belts were stiff and probably contracted a bit. Now they've stretched out a bit and the slack should be taken up.

My concern is the water pump belt. If I loosen the pump to take up the slack, what are the odds that it won't seal up again? The belt isn't going to fly off but it does have more than the specified amount of deflection. Should I let sleeping dogs lie?
Leave it alone till it starts skipping

Alternator belts stretch the most go with a dual v belt style if needed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks