• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So. Cal. Bad Karma Campout/Training Feb 22-24

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Bad Karma Team will definitely be there. We will be training our guys on 3:1 systems (for repelling) and having a 3 "cleanup tool" competition. All are welcome to watch or participate.

smashcrashy

I have 4 extra empty 7.62x54R ammo cases if anyone wants them for anything I will throw them in the back of my truck and bring them out. Just let me know.

774672_539273582758233_1260749152_o.jpg

smashcrashy

You can get pretty much any caliber online if you have a couple days to look out for it. The biggest issue is cost, .223 is going for .70-1.10/rd, .308 is in the same ballpark. Surprisingly, The hardest ammo to get is .22LR

http://www.slickguns.com/category/ammo
http://gun-deals.com/

Apparently the truck arrives on Thursday for Walmarts, so hitting them in the afternoon and you can lucky. The online inventory of walmart isnt accurate, I'd call ahead.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Is anyone coming to this interested in "shopping"?

Considering on making the trek if folks are interested. I have armored vehicle dome lights, dimmer switches for them, RT524 radio with mounting kits and cables, vic1 system, 6 each 395/85/R20 tires used with about 75% or more tread, seats with 5 point restraint systems--there are 3 types of these and I think they were for the LMTV or a similar truck. I also have a general mechanic tool kit the one with the NSN that ends in 0249. This kit appears to be new or like new condition. If anyone is interested, I can get photos of this stuff but it will probably be the weekend before I can do so.

Artisan

Is anyone coming to this interested in "shopping"?

Considering on making the trek if folks are interested. I have armored vehicle dome lights, dimmer switches for them, RT524 radio with mounting kits and cables, vic1 system, 6 each 395/85/R20 tires used with about 75% or more tread, seats with 5 point restraint systems--there are 3 types of these and I think they were for the LMTV or a similar truck. I also have a general mechanic tool kit the one with the NSN that ends in 0249. This kit appears to be new or like new condition. If anyone is interested, I can get photos of this stuff but it will probably be the weekend before I can do so.

You always have 1st class GREAT stuff to sell! Hope you make it out.
Post up some pics of your wares Carnac!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Light with dimmer.jpgradios.jpgheadlight.jpgAppears I may have a major issue, my water pump is failing on my truck---I think.

But if I make it, here is some of the stuff. The seats are at a guy that I'm getting them from about an hour from me. Should have pictures this weekend. But if I'm not coming, I might ship small stuff (like the dome lights with dimmer) in flat rate boxes but i won't anything bigger.

Price for the dome light is $25 and an additional $10 for the dimmer since I have more dome lights than dimmers. Will not sell the dimmers until all the dome lights are gone. I think I have around 10 lights and around 8 dimmers but that's an estimate. I will ship these if someone wants them. Shipping cost is for medium flat rate shipping. PM me if interested.

The 524's I have yet to test so won't price them yet. They will be tested by the time I get out there. I will be selling them with a complete installation kit except for antenna and antenna base. Right now I have 2. I also have 2 VIC-1's to go with them if someone wants to make a package deal once I get it all laid out and tested.

The headlight system is $30 and I think I have 4 of them. Can't even buy the bulbs and lenses for less than that.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Those are either identical or almost identical as the ones I have.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?103198-MRAP-Seats-in-a-deuce-or-5-ton

I didn't see where these are any thicker than a M35A3 seat.

Also I have several rolls of razor wire. This is not concertina wire but is the razor wire used on the top of chain link fence. It's approx 2 feet in diameter and I estimate 10 yards long. It's brand new still wire bound so I don't plan on opening it to find out. These are the wide razor barbs not the small concertina barbs.

Assuming I make it, I don't plan on bringing this stuff unless someone says they want it.

Last edited:

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Water pump? Awe that's cake work. I thought it might be like a blown engine. Put a new pump in there and we'll see you in the desert.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Camping with scouts that weekend. Changing the rear main seal and clutch the following weekend. Hope to make the next one now that my clean up tool collection has grown so large.

Cycletek

I am "planning" on heading out Friday and staying a couple days. I am going to my shop and do a few things to my truck and another the I am building. I will tell you about it at the desert....