• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So confused! M1009 alternator and gen2 light mess

tmclean

Ive been having issues with my gen2 light and pass side alternator. My rear battery isn't charging. There was between 10.8 and 11.4 coming from the alt last time I checked. All this time my volt gauge has been on the line that separates green and yellow. When the needle sinks a little into the yellow I charge the battery and am good for another week. This last week I smelled burning wires and the needle on my volt gauge slowly dropped below red to where it rests in the key off position. Its been there since and I get the hot wires smell often. Both bulbs in the gen light sockets are good and the sockets themselves I cleaned up. This afternoon I was dinking around with the test light seeing if I had power where and when I needed it. With the key off I touch the prong to the socket of gen2 and my test light lights up along with the gen2 bulb. What in the world is that all about? Loose ground? Did I melt something together? Ive had the dash torn apart countless times cleaning contacts and making sure everythings where it should be. All ive found so far is power to the gen2 socket when there shouldnt be. I have all the manuals and cant find any answers. Help appreciated!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you read the Altenator sticky? It has a lot of things to test.

tmclean

Yes I have. A few times lol. Ill buzz through it again though..maybe im missing something. The burning smell concerns me most.

lightbar91

On gen 2 lamp socket M1009. One side is 24 volts the other side is 12 volts
so the lamp is 12 volts in the socket
this is right with key on.

burning smell rotten eggs or wiring??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks