• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So how do you guys take the top off?

Knightmare

I searched, didn't find anything, but I'm sure its been asked before.

How exactly do you get the top off?

I know the bolts and such, I'm wondering on the logistics side...

I heard (probably here) that it weighs 200 lbs, so while I could move it, I doubt I could move it delicately to avoid glass breakage, etc.

How do you do it?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not 200 pounds. One person can lift one but you are better off with 2.

Stan Leschert

Undo the bra strap.... oops, sorry wrong thread!
Up here, we have a lot of experience with removing caps. canopies, and boats.
The hard top should come off with the help of soldier "B"

If he is not available, or just unreliable, What we normally do, is rig a sling with a block and tackle, in a suitably high enough point...Barn, Garage... well, you get the drift!

nhdiesel

When I have had other vehicles with similar tops (such as Jeeps) I back up to a raised area similar level to the tailgate. Open tailgate, unbolt top, then climb inside. I crouch down at the balance center of the top, then straighten my knees and lift the top with my back. Walk out the back, squat down and lower the top.

Jim

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Park between two stacks of pallets (your choice of material) that are a couple of inches taller than the sides of your truck. Lower the rear window, fold down the rear seat and remove the spare tire. Unbolt the top, lift the front and slide a pipe (3/4” works well) beneath the top and rest on top of the pallets, then repeat for the rear. Once the top is elevated, drive out. Don’t have pallets handy, improvise!