• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So I am having a little trouble with my Steering

TurboTim

I have harrowed it to not be the ram but the rod that controls the ram. The reason I can say the ram is good is I have no leaks when I blow air into each side with compressed air. It almost will fully turn the wheels doing that but it wont. So I have the other usit off that runs from the pitman arm and I am trying to figure out how to take it apart. There doenst seeem to be much movement anywhere and the one rubber gasket that I took off has a tear in it. I also cant really pull any other peices off? There is a 3/8 allen on the bottom that I can not even remove with heat or at least dont want to heat it anymore. Kinda just dont know where to go from here?

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Tim, I had more info, but on another PC. Do a google search for "maradyne air-o-matic". You should find tons of info.

TurboTim

yeah I found that but does the torque "sealed torque valve come apart? I dont like that they put the word "sealed" in front of it. Has anyone taken on apart? I got just about every tool.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are not serviceable. That is what the factory told me.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think the last guy that said that ever posted the outcome.

I recall he was very determined too.

It would be wise to ask the technicians or find the other thread, before you ruin what you do have.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are not in production anymore (in the other thread).

NOS kits are out there.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A search for "maradyne" will get you 29 results. Read them for more info.

TurboTim

Just got it fixed. If anyone needs more motivation or education on how to fix stuff just let me know. I did have to make a gasket and drill a pin out and heat the **** out of the back allen but all said and done can parallel parked with my pinky.

TurboTim

I think the big problem was making the gasket so the air couldnt go to the other passages but other then that took it apart and put it back together. cleaned everything our. I also removed the set screws inside because I think they limit how much pressure the system can move. I would check the main rubber gasket on the front before though first because that alone could have caused the who problem. Keep in mind though I knew my ram was working bcause I could use compressed air to get that to work back and forth.

1958 M274

I'm currently trying to get one of these valves apart. Mine had two 1 1/2" long hardened steel pins into opposite sides of the allen bolt. They really don't want people taking this thing apart! I've drilled both of them out with carbide bits, applied heat, and still can't get the bolt out. TurboTim, or anyone else that's had one of these apart, can you offer any suggestions? Is the allen head bolt a special part, or is it just a standard allen bolt that I can replace if I have to drill it out? Any help is appreciated!

rebelliners

Any rebuild kits or parts left out their I am in truly need of the safety valve that mts on fire wall and controls use if pressure is over or under 60psi.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Any rebuild kits or parts left out their I am in truly need of the safety valve that mts on fire wall and controls use if pressure is over or under 60psi.
Cross posting (posting the same thing everywhere you can) is frowned on here.

Your question has been answered in the other threads you posted about.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks