• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So I am watching the Discovery Channel Future wepons. And...

BassnTruck

They are showing a test of the SFW bomb. Well in this test they had about 35 MVs out in the feild they were going to bomb. M35s, older tanks, Armored transports and others I am sure. I am sure all of you cringe as much as I did watching them be distroyed.

Sigh Oh well what ya going to do.

jwaller

RE: So I am watching the Discovery Channel Future wepons. An

yup. I saw it too and it's sad but makes my truck just a little bit more rare.

Jimmy

It is a shame, I would like to save them all...kinda like when I see a stray dog, I want to bring them all home with me.

DMgunn

I've got a real soft spot for the M60 tanks, and it just kills me to see them get destroyed like that after their years of loyal service. Just seems so cold......

tklm539

I saw it also and felt bad, but WOW what an explosion. I would really not want to be on the ground side of that.

Amazing what people can come up with when they put their mind to it.

Tom

kcimb

Re: RE: So I am watching the Discovery Channel Future wepons

DMgunn said:
I've got a real soft spot for the M60 tanks, and it just kills me to see them get destroyed like that after their years of loyal service. Just seems so cold......

I've got a soft spot for anything big, noisy, and powerful.

m60 is one of them.

kcimb

RE: Re: RE: So I am watching the Discovery Channel Future we

Is this the show with Baldo the wunderseal?

Or am I thinking of something else?

hippiedude

I agree it is sad.. :cry: But on the other hand , if it can save our guys lives in the long run than it is a good thing... Much better than being scraped or tossed over the side of a ship to make a coral reef...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And that's one of the many reasons why I am going to be getting as many of these from GL as possible before they blow them all up. The more out here in civvy world, the less they can break.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, it is a shame the way they treat old iron sometimes. But if it does help keep us free and our men and women safe, so be it.

These are the sink-ex pics of my old ship, the mighty USS Stump, going to her watery grave. Commissioned in 1978, decommissioned in 2004. The third to the last Spruence class destroyer to be active, she was a great ship. We could get underway full power from a cold engineering plant in less than 12min. The newest Arliegh Burke class destroyer that was in Norfolk at the same time we decommmissioned couldn't even bring their generators online. So much blood, sweat and tears went into keeping that old tub afloat and the lights burning and the screws turning. I cried when I saw these pics for the first time.

To think I walked those decks and lovingly repaired her machinery for 4 years...

EN1 (SW) Ferro, USS Stump ship's Oil King from 01SEP00 to 22OCT07.

:cry:

Attachments

DMgunn

oifvet said:
They should use the M35-A3 for those tests.
rofl

....and maybe a certain bastardized deuce with Blazer axles, and maybe an F600-bodied deuce.......or maybe just the guys that did the "custom" damage to them.

houdel

I remember in the early '70s doing AT out at Ft Drum on one occasion we were trucked out past the tank firing range. There was a whole bunch of what I guess were old Shermans down range as targets. What a pity to see those things all shot up!