• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

so I get home from work...

rattlecan6104

And I see a neighbor (a little old lady) walking down her driveway and over to me. I was thinking "here we go..." and to my surprised, she just came out to tell me how cool she thought the truck was. She started asking me all about it, and didnt even ask the usual "what are you gonna use it for?" Was a pretty interesting encounter.

So did she ask you for a ride?
My mom is 83 and she'll climb up on the back of my Gold Wing motorcycle in a heart beat.
Gotta watch out for them ole' ladies, they'll surprise you every time.fat lady sings

Rick

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need a neighbor like that why dont yuou encourage her to move to Fl.
According to Dman, all elderly people eventually move to Fl, be patient.:p

MDSA

Old Ladies

My 84 year old mother likes the Deuce too. When she saw it in the driveway the first time after I bought it, she asked, "what's that?" I told her it was a toy, and she's loved it ever since. She even supervised once when I had a flat when we went for breakfast in the Deuce.

Attachments

And when they leave Florida then they end up here in North Carolina ...

=================================
Main Entry: half·back
Pronunciation: \ˈhaf-ˌbak, ˈhäf-\
Function:noun
1 : one of the backs stationed near either flank in football
2 : a player stationed immediately behind the forward line (as in field hockey, soccer, or rugby)
3 : a person with a great tan, stationed immediately next door, a Floridian, originally from New York that moves to North Carolina
Wilbur: Hey Amos, I hear you have a new neighbor.
Andy: Yup, she's a half·back
Wilbur: Half·back what's that
Andy: Oh, that's one of those snow birds that went down to Florida, figured out it was to darned hot and missed the seasons. So they start heading back to New York, get tired and stop here in Carolina.
==================================
roflroflrofl
Rick

Maybe, could be ... had to go lookin for that ole' tag ... found it tied to a boot ... it says type 0+

Not sure if that's for OD or CamO ... any way it's what ever they issued me ... mean green :-D

Rick

rhinomike

My 80plus old grandma knew what my deuce was b/f i could tell her. It reminded her of my grandpa and the trucks he drove. she thought it was a great piece of history. She even told me a few things i didn't know about it.
mike

powerhouseduece

Its good to hear that there are a few good people floating around out there. There is a older guy that lives down the street from my that had a triple bypass last year. He is one of the nicest guy that you will ever meet. He walked up to me one day and was asking me a few Q's about it and I just told him to get in the drivers seat. i jumped in the passengers seat, showed him how to start it up and went for a short trip around the block. When we got back to my house he just looked at me with a grin from ear to ear, and said where do I sighn up?

I said www.govliquidation.com Thats....G...O...V...L...

randyscycle

Its good to hear that there are a few good people floating around out there. ...

Other than the embittered, and pizzy old folks, we could learn a lot from that set.

I just lost a good friend last month at 84 years old. Fought in the Battle of the Bulge, Korea and Vietnam before retiring in '75, then having a second career until retiring in '89 and enjoying the years after with his wife of 60 years. The stories he could tell and the experiences he had.........If I only experience a 1/3 of that I'll be happy.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I had an old lady that did not like my duece and she died. My kids were always nice to her too she was just a mean old lady kinda like grumpy old men neither of which we really need in this world so I am trying to grow old happy hense my duece and other trucks.:-D

jj

Years ago, i spent a whole lot of early Saturday afternoons drinking with a guy who'd spent some time in the Pacific during WWII. Tarawa, Iwo Jima, and two other beaches i'm ashamed to say i no longer remember. A bunch of medals. By the time i knew Forrest, he'd raised a family, had a career, had a retirement, LIVED. He also carried around an O2 bottle and a breather. But it didn't stop him from enjoying a Saturday afternoon Jack Daniels. One day some VERY young fellow in a navy uniform came into the bar and ended up shooting off his mouth about a lot of stuff, including the "medal I WON for being in the Gulf War. And I never even left Great Lakes Naval Air Station" My friend Forrest was on his feet at one point, O2 bottle and all, with the intention of teaching the young man some manners. Of course i had to stop it, but i know who would have won. I miss the old guy and our Saturday afternoons. RIP Marine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks