• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So I had this crazy idea, how about this for an engine for my A3...

91W350

I have five ton transmissions and transfer cases to go with your new found power as well. As far as that goes, we can fix you up with a five ton truck that needs an engine. You still will not be running 80 though. Glen

largeboar

Pay no attention to the nay sayers on this site. If you look back in history all the great inovators heard the same comments. Imagine what theses guys would tell the Wright brothers.:beer:

quickfarms

The blast radius should only be about 1 mile not 1000 miles.

80 in a truck is real fast even for a modern truck and not a truck that is based on a modernized 50's vintage design

Deuce007

agreed

On tires rated for under 60 mph? On brakes that were designed for 45 mph? Just look through the recent A3 tire blow out threads and that is at normal speeds. I have no dreams or desires of running 80 in a deuce.
I definitely agree that it will burn through tires and be tough on the brakes! [thumbzup]

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
YOU are the type of person that gives MV owners a bad name, it is getting harder and harder to reg. these trucks, the states are just looking for a reason not to reg. for on road use, it will take only one DUMB SH!T doing something DUMB that HURTS/KILLS a soccer mom and her kids to screw it up for everybody.
You REFUSE to listen to the older hands that know these trucks, and there capabilities and shortcomings, you are listening to younger guys that believe in GO FAST first. (just a BIG, cool PU), This GO FAST mentality JUST hurts/kills innocent people
I can go on but this is like :deadhorse:aua:deadhorse:aua
One more thing, tho GO FAST the hurts/kills somebody had better hope and pray that it is not my family or someone close.

RealCavDog

All you Great Lakes SS members, friends and family should consider upgrading your insurance and start a bit more praying ! If not for yourselves, then maybe for the advancement in medical research . . . common sense transplants are still not very advanced !

If you read back through the history, you will see a pattern of trying to get us all fired up, thinking the brakes comment is probably VERY TRUE when you consider past history !

Just think, 1, only ONE more post, and maybe we can see this poor A3 listed for sale to a good home where it won't face a very uncertain future and a very probable demise ! aua

73m819 said it best and has the pull to not have it deleted ! Thanks Man, and very well said !

Last edited:

chicklin

Everyone take a deep breath. I suspect the guy is just having a little fun with us. If so, ignore him and move on. If he's serious, nothing you say here is going to change his mind so there's no point in wasting your time.

Hooper

YOU are the type of person that gives MV owners a bad name, it is getting harder and harder to reg. these trucks, the states are just looking for a reason not to reg. for on road use, it will take only one DUMB SH!T doing something DUMB that HURTS/KILLS a soccer mom and her kids to screw it up for everybody.
You REFUSE to listen to the older hands that know these trucks, and there capabilities and shortcomings, you are listening to younger guys that believe in GO FAST first. (just a BIG, cool PU), This GO FAST mentality JUST hurts/kills innocent people
I can go on but this is like :deadhorse:aua:deadhorse:aua
One more thing, tho GO FAST the hurts/kills somebody had better hope and pray that it is not my family or someone close.

You are making a lot of assumptions. Some of what I say is tounge in cheek, and I am only 60% serious maybe 70%. I have learned much from the members here but some of you just need to switch from briefs to boxers....

Hooper

All you Great Lakes SS members, friends and family should consider upgrading your insurance and start a bit more praying ! If not for yourselves, then maybe for the advancement in medical research . . . common sense transplants are still not very advanced !

If you read back through the history, you will see a pattern of trying to get us all fired up, thinking the brakes comment is probably VERY TRUE when you consider past history !

Just think, 1, only ONE more post, and maybe we can see this poor A3 listed for sale to a good home where it won't face a very uncertain future and a very probable demise ! aua

73m819 said it best and has the pull to not have it deleted ! Thanks Man, and very well said !

Now now, there are lot's of guys with sensitive feelings you are not alone. I would never do anything unsafe so lighten up.

BadMastard

Thanks chicklin! Guys, hooper is a nice fella looking to dream about what COULD be done to his truck, not what IS going to be done. If he offends you, don't read his posts. If you have suggestions, make them and move on. I say this because I just got thrown in with the idiot pack, and called young at the same time I have to take it with a grain of salt. I might be an idiot, but I'm not young so I think that is a compliment. I like thinking what CAN be done to our amazing pieces of machinery, so I make suggestions both helpful and ridiculous. I think I might be more obvious that others, but hey, getting angry just isn't helping anyone.

So, in that vein, Hooper- it appears some on the board are suggesting you consider modifying your brake system to something a bit more robust. I have recently seen a disc brake on the driveline connection of the axles that might be something to check out. Adding more braking power is always a nice thing, adding a disc brake is even better! If you and I were working on your rig, Id' say do that first. Might not be a burnout, but I bet you'll be able to smoke the tires!

Next up appears to be some discussion about how fast you want to go. 80 huh? Well, at 65 my 109 is less than stable, with some shimmy and shakes a stripper would appreciate. Not so much other drivers though! at 72 (downhill, empty road, no load, and a dashboard Jesus) the truck is unmanageable. If you were to consider going faster, I'm thinking you will need at LEAST some serious mods to your suspension. Things like more shocks, polyurethane mounts on everything, better lubrication to the axles, larger tires perhaps a little less inflated than max, and lots and lots of testing.

Lastly, and I say this only because I think it needs saying- 73M819? Semi drivers go too fast and kill people all the time. Then those people go to jail, or should. But your last comment sounded like you were threatening people with retribution. Please don't. Nothing in this world is worth losing a steel soldiers brother when he goes to prison. or worse. Keep it light please.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You are making a lot of assumptions. Some of what I say is tounge in cheek, and I am only 60% serious maybe 70%. I have learned much from the members here but some of you just need to switch from briefs to boxers....
WE have NO WAY of knowing what you are thinking, ONLY what you POST in your post, which in turn makes you sound like a GO FAST DUMB SH!T with a CRAP attitude , not wanting to listen to people that really know what thay are talking about, not caring about the MV comunity and there concerns, let alone the other issures brought up.

WE are not into PLAYING games here on SS when it comes to things like this, If you DO NOT want to be thought of as a DUMB SH!T, DO NOT sound like one.

You must have been PEEKING if you KNOW the type of underware I ware

Hooper

Thanks chicklin! Guys, hooper is a nice fella looking to dream about what COULD be done to his truck, not what IS going to be done. If he offends you, don't read his posts. If you have suggestions, make them and move on. I say this because I just got thrown in with the idiot pack, and called young at the same time I have to take it with a grain of salt. I might be an idiot, but I'm not young so I think that is a compliment. I like thinking what CAN be done to our amazing pieces of machinery, so I make suggestions both helpful and ridiculous. I think I might be more obvious that others, but hey, getting angry just isn't helping anyone.

So, in that vein, Hooper- it appears some on the board are suggesting you consider modifying your brake system to something a bit more robust. I have recently seen a disc brake on the driveline connection of the axles that might be something to check out. Adding more braking power is always a nice thing, adding a disc brake is even better! If you and I were working on your rig, Id' say do that first. Might not be a burnout, but I bet you'll be able to smoke the tires!

Next up appears to be some discussion about how fast you want to go. 80 huh? Well, at 65 my 109 is less than stable, with some shimmy and shakes a stripper would appreciate. Not so much other drivers though! at 72 (downhill, empty road, no load, and a dashboard Jesus) the truck is unmanageable. If you were to consider going faster, I'm thinking you will need at LEAST some serious mods to your suspension. Things like more shocks, polyurethane mounts on everything, better lubrication to the axles, larger tires perhaps a little less inflated than max, and lots and lots of testing.

Lastly, and I say this only because I think it needs saying- 73M819? Semi drivers go too fast and kill people all the time. Then those people go to jail, or should. But your last comment sounded like you were threatening people with retribution. Please don't. Nothing in this world is worth losing a steel soldiers brother when he goes to prison. or worse. Keep it light please.

I seriously appreciate your opinions on that. And thanks for understanding.

chicklin

73m819 raises a good point, though. I frequent several message boards for various different topics and one recurring theme that always comes up is the fact that humor (especially sarcasm) does not translate very well across the Internet with some sort of context (i.e. visual/audible cues, body language, etc.). In other words, think twice about how what you're saying will be interpreted or give everyone some sort of clue that you're joking.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I say "Do It" Put the 400 in there. Couple an extra 5 speed behind the regualr drive tranny but install in backwards. All the lower gears will become overdrives. Should be able to get 80 easily. Post up when the maiden voyage is, I'd like to video tape it for a future TV production.

BadMastard

Yes! I knew you'd get the spirit Recovry4x4. I'll bring a HD cam and some hot dogs. For the weanie roast that's sure to happen.

Anyone want toasted buns?

Then stand closer to the fire!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks