• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So I have a glow plug regulator problem...

Knightmare

I think. You guys are experts on these trucks, while I'm novice level, trying to learn. Well here is my issue...

I let the truck sit a little too long (only a few weeks), and after that, well it didn't start right. I don't know if it's supposed to or not, but my glow plug controller used to make a little noise (almost similar to a small fart, haha)when it was done. Now the sound is continuous, and it doesn't stop,and I get no starting power, and nothing happens.

I've read a thread or two about a manual glow plug relay, is this what I need? I know it will be complicated ( for me anyway) but I am more than willing to learn.

Any help is appreciated.

zang

First of all you should check the charging of two batteries. It is possible that they are at the end of their lives and for that they have a long time, outside temperature dropped, they no longer hold power. You could try to give power from another car or two 24v batteries in series 12v 66Ah min. If the engine starts will have to buy two new batteries. If you do the same, then try to make thick deck with a screwdriver between the two poles of the coil Operate. You may fault relay coil Operate starting times that are the starter.
You need to do step by step guide to detect and eliminate the problem.
Good work!

erniemigi

is the sound coming from under the dash up on top of the steering column from the glow plug controller card or is it coming from under the dash down below the ash tray, the reason i am asking is down below the ash tray tucked up under the dash is three relays, your volmeter, generator 2 and your starter relay, mine had actually caused the points to weld together that when you tried to put the batt cables on, the engine would try to turn over, now i am not saying that is what yours is doing but the points could be shot, now if it coming from the controller card, remove the card and i can send you pics and explain what i did to put in a manual glow plug switch, it was really easy, took about 15 minutes and it works great

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks