• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

so i went to pick up my deuce and......

TexRdnec

jumped in it, flipped the accessory switch, hit the starter and it fired right up!!!!

got completely overhauled 2 weeks ago, not a leak to be seen, everything was great and i drove it home the entire 14,000 mile trip without a single issue!!!!!!!!!!!

BS!!!!!!!! tired of hearing about the good! share your horror stories with me...........

mine: went to pick up my first deuce ever and GL had managed to screw up the entire right hand side fender since the auction was listed, refused and got refunded for that truck.

a month later i won my current truck. GL managed to forklift a gladhand off the back, the oil pan and the fuel line. despite $200 worth of new batteries it did not start despite much cranking. wouldn't have mattered, the E brake was stuck on anyway.

sent keith_j, the Deuce Whisperer and even then it was doomed to come home on a trailer.

i'm still replacing things on the truck that GL screwed up but keith got her up and running. good thing too because without him the truck would probably be in pieces across the country right now as i would have never figured out its problem.

it's slobbering from the turbo but i'm assured it's from not getting to temperature so i'm not amazinly concerned right now but it still bothers me.

the radiator has a pinhole leak, everything on the front axle leaks, i've already fixed an IP oil leak and a return fuel line leak, the air cleaner indicator is broken off, the gas gauge doesn't work, the fuel pump sounds like somebody shot it, and i'm sure i'm forgetting many, many things .

but the funny thing is............i can't remember a recent purchase that i'm so damned pleased with! i'm looking forward to getting it 100%.

so for those of you that didn't drive straight through from HI to OH, what went wrong?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, my wrecker had to be pull started and when I drove it home, the power steering pump was out, so it was not fun turning corners. Left hand turns were more pleasant than right hand turns, but no fun just the same. I didn't mind too much as I got a decent deal, but it still wasn't peaches and cream. :wink:

greenjeepster

Has it ever occurred to anybody that we could start selling vacation packages?

Ever dream of spending a week in the life of a Military Repair Technician. Here is your chance, for just a low price of 2000.00 per week you can live the dream. We will locate a truck anywhere in the country, fly in with everything you need to repair it and make the 14,000 mile trip home. Only to find once you get there that 1000 other things you did not bring are missing. Experience meals from a can prepped on Sterno lights. Sleeping on the hard floor of a truck waiting for days or months for a replacement part. Does this sound like the vacation for you? Call today and make your reservation, slots are filling up fast. 1 800-the-dream

G-Force

Has it ever occurred to anybody that we could start selling vacation packages?

Ever dream of spending a week in the life of a Military Repair Technician. Here is your chance, for just a low price of 2000.00 per week you can live the dream. We will locate a truck anywhere in the country, fly in with everything you need to repair it and make the 14,000 mile trip home. Only to find once you get there that 1000 other things you did not bring are missing. Experience meals from a can prepped on Sterno lights. Sleeping on the hard floor of a truck waiting for days or months for a replacement part. Does this sound like the vacation for you? Call today and make your reservation, slots are filling up fast. 1 800-the-dream

Sorry Greenjeepster....GL already runs those vacation packages...