• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So it begins...My M1009...

acesneights1

Picked up an M1009(Blazer). paint and bodywork is a little rough but the body is rust free. Even behind the seats, the tailgate crossmember etc. I have never seen one so clean around here. Of course the PPO(Previous Previous Owner) painted it with rustoleum and a brush and did some of the worst bondo I have ever seen. I think he mixed the bondo in the dent and just painted over it.
The PPO was a total hack and was supposed to be a mechanic.
It has 64k miles. I did not even make it home. Stopped half way to grab a bite. Went to start it...
Yup...The jerkoff did not properly attach the rear support.
****. I was so pissed. Triple aaa worth every penny.
Got it home and outside in the dark in the cold, a bit of good fortune. It came right out.

Attachments

acesneights1

Got 18.5 mpg on the way home with the TH400. The future NV4500 swap should bring me to 23+.
Also the PO said it had no heat since he bought it from the ultimate hack mechanic(PPO)...
Gee I wonder why it didn't get any temp up ?

This is exactly how it came off. He actually cranked the housing down on it with it off center like that and made a gasket out of cardboard and tons of snot. This guy should have his Harbor Freight tool box taken away.

Attachments

acesneights1

It was also losing power bigtime on the highway when I tried to pass. I changed the fuel filter tonight and seems better. I will perform an autopsy on the old FF tomorrow.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mmmmm...... Red RTV. Good stuff

Looks like you are on your way to getting it fixed correctly.[thumbzup]

max bowtie

I've been dealing with a lot of the same. The "mechanic" that the PO took the truck to didn't have a clue. I'm still going through everything the "mechanic" touched..

fitz

I was emailing back & forth with the seller on that truck.
Couldn't get our schedules to line up for me to go check it out.
Sounds like you got a good solid truck. Rust free k5's (or anything else old) are getting rare around here.
I just got done reading about your paint & body work on your M1028. Are you going to paint this one after the NV4500 swap?.
I look forward to following along.
Best of luck with it.