• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So many questions. Interior resto

Herls

Hello everyone.

I will be acquiring an 85 M1008 in the next week or so. Truck is pretty rock solid just needs a few things here and there. My main priority once I get it, barring any mechanical issues I discover will be an interior restoration. I have a ton of questions so please bear with me.

1.) When looking for parts, do I use a civilian C10, C20, K10, or K20 as a reference, or does it not matter at all? I don't know what the difference between them is.

2.) The dashboard. Since these trucks didn't have AC its got the solid dashboard right, I'll attach the only current picutre I have of the dashboard. I want to get a full replacement, not a dash cover pad, but I cannot find one anywhere, I can only find ones that have the AC holes in them (I'll attach a picture of one of those as well). My question is, does the solid silver dashboard trim just go over the holes of the AC ports, or does the dashboard replacement *have* to have a completely empty space for the solid trim.

3.) Where can I find good weather stripping replacements for the door / cab / window area?

I'm sure I'll have more as time goes on. Thank you everyone for reading and taking the time to help!

Attachments

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I restored a M1028 (duelly version of the M1008 ). I found almost all of my interior parts (including a dash) through LMC Trucks in Kansas City I believe. Unless someone has a NOS dash in a box in a garage, you will never find the same quality (original was one-piece sheet metal and solid under all the padding). I bought the LMC dash, not bad, but did warp a little after the first summer of sunshine. The trim covers the AC ports so the LMC part you order is 38-8129-BL

Last edited by a moderator:

Herls

I restored a M1028 (duelly version of the M1108). I found almost all of my interior parts (including a dash) through LMC Trucks in Kansas City I believe. Unless someone has a NOS dash in a box in a garage, you will never find the same quality (original was one-piece sheet metal and solid under all the padding). I bought the LMC dash, not bad, but did warp a little after the first summer of sunshine. The trim covers the AC ports so the LMC part you order is 38-8129-BL
So it doesn't matter then? I was confused between these two products. The one with the empty void space is just a cover, and the one with the AC vents is a full dash both from LMC. I tried looking for a full dash in the same style as the picture of the cover pad but couldn't find one, and wasn't sure if it needed the empty space or didn't matter.

Thank you so much!

Attachments

87cr250r

Just remember, all CUCV trucks are 1984 models despite production year. I have a 1986 and learned this the hard way when ordering window seals. I'm not super happy with my seal kit so I won't suggest it. I'm not super unhappy as I have made no attempts to make it better so I won't suggest against it either.

Herls

Just remember, all CUCV trucks are 1984 models despite production year. I have a 1986 and learned this the hard way when ordering window seals. I'm not super happy with my seal kit so I won't suggest it. I'm not super unhappy as I have made no attempts to make it better so I won't suggest against it either.
I did not know this, all. That's wild, so when parts shopping I must use the 1984 year no matter what interior / exterior item I'm looking for?

Guyfang

Staff member
The Military is of the mind to build something, and then more or less leave it that way. Makes it easy for the logistic chain. If you upgrade something every year, then you spend way too much on parts that only fit one year truck. Stupid. Do download and read the Military TM's. They are truly your best friend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks