• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So tell me about the M246 wrecker/tractor

m3a1_ht

Hi all - I have an M62 with a 6602. I agree with the flat tire comment. I can get to the rated 52mph with no big difficulties, even with 19000lbs on the pintle hook. I can't feel what's back there, either. It's a little eerie, actually.

Tuned I can approach the promised 2.75mpg. Loaded and a little off tune - I've dropped as low as 1.8mpg. That's pretty good gas mileage considering you can get it while driving through absolutely anything.

Dieselsmoke

Funny you should mention that Kenny, our pull sled operator has asked me to bring the M816 to one of the pulls and do an exhibition run LOL

m.walker

If the price is reasonable I'd get it , you could always turn it for a profit later ! Once you play with it for a while you'll want to keep it . I got to use a friends M62 and it was a blast ( if I could just talk him out of it I'd have it made ! ).

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
my m52 got 5 to 6 mpg, my 819 gets about 6 on the highway(not bad for 35k lbs and no aux. trans)

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
10x20s will be to small, the book calls for 1200x20s, both for the 246 and the 819, and theres surposed to be a front winch, BUY IT, i love my 819

area52

Its got 11.00 x 20's on it now, no wonder it looked different.

73m819 - how fast does your 819 go? What sort of engine does it have?

I was thinking of buying a salvage 5 ton with the Cummins and swapping engines.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
my 819 does 60 or a bit better down the road, if you put a cummins in you need the 800series hood and side peices, as the cummins is a longer engine

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks