• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SO tired of looking for tie rod/radius arm boot covers.

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've looked extensively. Can anyone offer up an option for a boot cover for my radius arm/tie rod ball joint on a 88 m998 ....PLEASE .. I've checked to ball joint and it's fine, nice and tight and fully contained.. just need the BOOT... so tired of looking. My eyeballs are bleeding.

Thanks

Ocho

DREDnot

Ive never seen one by itself that didn't come with a new joint, and you need to disconnect the thing to install. Why don't you want to just replace the whole joint? Just count the turns when removing to get it close enough for alignment purposes if that's your worry

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ive never seen one by itself that didn't come with a new joint, and you need to disconnect the thing to install. Why don't you want to just replace the whole joint? Just count the turns when removing to get it close enough for alignment purposes if that's your worry
[/QUOT
Why spend $50 bucks when I can spend $5 and the parts are perfectly fine.. We live in a society that just throws stuff away because we don’t want to take the time to research a little and put in some elbow grease. I’ll spend the $45 difference on beer to get me through the searching process.. 👊🏽👍🏼

papakb

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks everyone.. I will just do more due diligence and get the calipers out and find a suitable replacement.. I just figured someone on here might have replaced there boots and not entire joint... When I find one I’ll post for anyone that wants to replace there’s 👍🏼

mudsharkangler

These work quite well, but not perfect....beats buying a whole new end though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks