• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So - what do you think

6x6guy

I have checked the past threads on this but couldn't find anything that would meet
the functional and practical application that I was looking for- so I decided to take a stab at it - and this is what I came up with.

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very clean and out of the way! Unless you get folding steps, then the drivers side might have a clearance issue. By the looks of that beast, you might want to look into them!

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
A MUD CATCHER which it WILL BE by looking at the front tires, off road use, it will find every low bush, a bark scraper when trees are pushed over, the PINS will up and leave once the retainers are knocked out, I see the TB and/or mount getting BENT from hitting something,

On top of everything else, the front end of the deuce has about all the weight it can carry WITHOUT adding more

Last edited:

6x6guy

As I was looking for some function- it brought me back a couple of years ago when I was really involved with off roading - the design of the rack was placed in a area
high enough that it wouldn't be in the way of clearing a path- and pushing down any
bushes in the way- it still is much higher that the front and rear axles that would be a real concern as far as clearance.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like that. Good clean install. Might do that myself. In regards to off-road use, it will serve as an extra guard for those pesky trees as you drive over them. Are those padlocks GI? If not, I have them, cadmium plated, perfect for outside use like that. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/tools-misc-sale/77900-padlock-sets-sale.html

On another note, can you post photos of your A frame set up?

Edit: Oops! A little slow today!

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Now that we have pics of the a-frame, what about the boom sticking out over the side at the rear of the bed, some info please

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the mount and it is a good idea. I don't like the location. I have seen some spots and been riding with people who would tear that off or hang the truck on it. Like Ron said, you are taking a front heavy truck without a winch, putting a winch on it and then adding a medium tow bar to it.

But I do like the design, maybe under the bed somewhere.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
ON your a-frame, I would make a spacer to go between the top of the front spring and the spring stop so when the a-frame is loaded, the load is transfered to the axle and stays off the springs, just a thought

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks