• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So - what do you think

6x6guy

I had picked up the electric crane at a auction, the data and manufacturing
information was missing when I obtained it- so its been a hit and a miss on certain aspects of the unit.

6x6guy

As far as additional weight on the front axle- I was going to weld a bracket to the front winch bracket- aprox 2 to 3 inches on both sides ( out side of frame) and
weld up a predetermined length of pipe with a plate welded to the bottom.
And with the additional weight off of the front of t he vehicle- be able to slip the
open end of the support bracket over and onto the welded pipe on the frame and then pin the configuration into place- so when the additional weight is applied to the front of the truck - it will dip a inch or 2- the predetermined support will bottom out
and will prevent any additional downward motion being applied be the weight what ever it is- well least in theory that is.

deuceaid

Banned
I really dig the A frame. You asked what we think, so,,,,,,,,, I like the tow bar mount. The location would not bother me that much,,,,,,but why all the extra metal (cross bar), couldnt the tubes be mounted to the frame just like they are? It all looks good though.

6x6guy

As far as the weight of the mount- it was no where near the weight of the tow bar
the tow bar mount was about 10 to 15 Lbs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks