• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So ... what exactly did I win?

45FMJoe

New pictures on page 2!

Perhaps the trailer gurus can help me out? It's listed as an M101A1 but the delivery date is 6/93. And it has surge brakes which I understand to only be on the A2 and A3 trailers. I noticed the wheels stick out from the fender wells, does that mean I have the stronger A3 axle? Other than that I can't tell. I'm just happy to have an M101 with all the sides, bows and tarp complete and in great shape. Thanks! [thumbzup]

2330 - Trailers at Government Liquidation

Attachments

Last edited:

45FMJoe

Hmm, excellent. I guess it's actually an M116 with a 101 bed on it. The data plate that's faded starts with a "C" which is why I think that. According to the TM the M116A3s are 1 ton. Is that correct?

Wolf.Dose

HM, it is for shure not a M101A1, at least a M101A2. However, the landing leg is different, the fixture for the electric plug is on the trailer, the axle width... so I think it is a M101A3. However, A3's should have Hummer tires. But the bolt patern fits for the A2 rims.
Wolf

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
a2 bed a3 chassis (heavy duty suspension, raised center section on the axle adjustible landing leg), i've got one just like it, only with hmmvw tires and its tan. Good score[thumbzup]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice. Even has the crank for the landing gear albeit bent. Can you copy the GL pics and edit them to your original post please? It will be usedful when the link goes dead, and it will. Might help the next guy with his search.

TIGERFANS2

Perhaps the trailer gurus can help me out? It's listed as an M101A1 but the delivery date is 6/93. And it has surge brakes which I understand to only be on the A2 and A3 trailers. I noticed the wheels stick out from the fender wells, does that mean I have the stronger A3 axle? Other than that I can't tell. I'm just happy to have an M101 with all the sides, bows and tarp complete and in great shape. Thanks! [thumbzup]

2330 - Trailers at Government Liquidation

man, did you ever get screwed........ but there's probably a member in your area that will take pity on you and take it off your hands for the right price..... rofl

one of my "M101A1"s is an A1 bed on an A2 type chassis........ if it fits, bolt it on..

it's a GI thing :wink:

45FMJoe

Nice. Even has the crank for the landing gear albeit bent. Can you copy the GL pics and edit them to your original post please? It will be usedful when the link goes dead, and it will. Might help the next guy with his search.
Done! :jumpin:

man, did you ever get screwed........ but there's probably a member in your area that will take pity on you and take it off your hands for the right price..... rofl

one of my "M101A1"s is an A1 bed on an A2 type chassis........ if it fits, bolt it on..

it's a GI thing :wink:
That's what my father always tells me, and he was a Marine. :cookoo:

45FMJoe

I'm still waiting for the EUC to clear. I actually won another trailer in the same lot, it's for my best friend. Once the EUC clears we're driving his truck and a flat-bed trailer to pick them up. Plus we're going to hit up the CMP South Store so he can get an M1. I would, too but I already have a December 1944 Service Grade. :grin:

45FMJoe

Just one?

I mean....... if you're going to be there anyway ................
We just got back. The EUC cleared Wednesday afternoon so we decided to just hit the road. Stopped at the CMP and he bought a Service Grade Winchester. I got my dad a Service Grade H&R with a new CMP stock. 1 and 1 on the ME/TE. My buddies was a 0 and 2.

Oh, and it's an M116A3 with an M101 box on it. The sticker on the frame that says Kasel Mfg M101 trailer is torn just at the M101 part so I don't know if it's an A1 or A2 box.

Worst trip, ever. I'll start another thread in the conversation forum about it. Everything that could go wrong did. :|

ETA - I read the TM, it's an A2 box because it has the u-bolts on the side for lifting. :)

Last edited:

k4vem4n

Beat me to it, I just picked up my trailer from Camp Lejeune, NC. got the same thing.
M116A3 w/ a m101 cargo box, there were plenty of these combinations there. Great trailer, was able to stuff a small watercraft I also won into it.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck on pickup.
Luckily for me I was prepared for the worst and had no problems.
I think thats what usually happens though, "expect the unexpected"
Its always the thing you overlook that becomes the problem.

Attachments

45FMJoe

Beat me to it, I just picked up my trailer from Camp Lejeune, NC. got the same thing.
M116A3 w/ a m101 cargo box, there were plenty of these combinations there. Great trailer, was able to stuff a small watercraft I also won into it.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck on pickup.
Luckily for me I was prepared for the worst and had no problems.
I think thats what usually happens though, "expect the unexpected"
Its always the thing you overlook that becomes the problem.
I was going to bid on those trailers but we decided we wanted to go to the CMP so we bid on the Anniston trailers instead. :beer:

45FMJoe

And here are the new pictures. I unplugged the 12 pin military plug, wired myself a 4-pin flat connector and plugged it in. Swapped the marker bulbs with 97s and the turn signal/brake bulbs with 1156s. The surge brakes stop my Jeep better than it stops itself without a trailer. :-D

It's an awesome trailer and I love it. The axle looks brand new, and the only damage is it looks like the left shock took a pretty good hit somehow. I think it's OK though, I'll have to check it out under load. I ordered a set of air bags for my rear coils on the Jeep. Apparently lifted suspensions aren't quite designed for towing weight. :funny:

Oh, does anyone know what the CSSB stands for?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks