• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So what's the next big repair/upgrade on your CUCV?

K10A

NO , the darn thing was running just fine . I just had the ip rebuilt and replaced 1 head gasket and it ran great. But yesterday it just wont start . It either has an air leak or I ran it out of fuel , the guage says 1/4 tank. It could be faulty tho . Next I am going to lift it and put on some 9.00R16 michelins , crossover steering
steering brace ,possibly a/c , fix my always on wait light , install wiper arms and motor ,and some other misc junk like an sm465 or nv4500 manual trans , oh paint touchup too . -A

BKinzey

Finish it. I've got a long way to go....... :)

Yes, I have tried to blow out glow plugs by running it :twisted:

Didn't work for me. I even tried the running with vice grips! You put vice grips on the glow plug. Start the engine and then grab the vice grips and push towards the block. You end up with a jackhammer motion :eek: :D

If you try it wear eye protection, gloves and some sort of hearing protection because it is LOUD!

M35guy

BKinzey said:
Finish it. I've got a long way to go....... :)

Yes, I have tried to blow out glow plugs by running it :twisted:

Didn't work for me. I even tried the running with vice grips! You put vice grips on the glow plug. Start the engine and then grab the vice grips and push towards the block. You end up with a jackhammer motion :eek: :D

If you try it wear eye protection, gloves and some sort of hearing protection because it is LOUD!
That cant be good for the pistons. :shock:

appalacious

In order of necessity:

replace wiper blades: you should see how bad these things are.

Tires- not sure what to get- something good on the street, ok on the dirt, and ok on the highway (middle of the road tread)

Repair the dang floor- my passenger seat is about to hit the ground, any ideas on this? Where the seat bolts to the floor is major rust, both seats actually. I imagine I'll have to remove the seats and floor coverings, cut out the bad stuff, and weld in a plate of sheet metal- but I don't know any welders.

Get a rear window crank, mine's missing.

replace driver side door, and do a cheap repaint

Now on to "wants":
I want a turbo 8)
I want a manual transmission :shock:
I want a 2-3" lift and a nice suspension :)
Then comes the fun part. I got the shell to an old rt-524 radio. i plan on replacing the previously removed guts with a VIA EPIA C7 mini-itx motherboard/cpu combo running some version of linux and gnuradio. Combining this with a pci fpga board and a simple cable modem rf frontend (50-850mhz) will give me a sweet software defined radio- capable of picking up everything from CB to TV to AM/FM to you name it (as long as its below 850Mhz)

With all of these things complete, my dream car will be a reality

Oh wait....I want AC too :) :D

So many little things to do, but I really want to get the paint and bodywork done, if I ever make up my mind whether I want Snow or Jungle Camo. I would also like to get a decent set of steps/nerf bars. The wife actually likes the truck as much as I do, she just has more problems climbing in and out. :p

Zin

IBEZKUM

Well Folk's
Finally did it, Replaced seven out of eight glow plugs and override kit!!
Worked Flawlessly this mornin!! No more 110VAC Leash!!!
Still have #1 Cylinder to do, It came out, cleard the threads,
Moved in and out 3/8 0f an inch, did'nt want to break it!!
Injector kit had'nt come yet!!
Also had a Major Surprise Upgrade!
A Tool box, Only A CUCV Owner Would Love, Great Patina!!

Attachments

IBEZKUM

How did i know, You wanted pictures!!
This box, came from a burnt out watersports business,
Because the hotel, had verry flammable mulch.
Inside was full of Brochure's, telephones and credit card machines!
It was, and still is a mess, The Firemen had to lance it to put it out!!
As you can see they had a hard time opening this GEM!!

Attachments

appalacious

Zinlu said:
So many little things to do, but I really want to get the paint and bodywork done, if I ever make up my mind whether I want Snow or Jungle Camo. I would also like to get a decent set of steps/nerf bars. The wife actually likes the truck as much as I do, she just has more problems climbing in and out. :p

Zin
Hey middle GA! I'm in Warner Robins. Glad to see you join the board!
J

IBEZKUM

I do or did use a 110 1800 watt hairdryer!
It worked great,, but i also put in a block heater.
hairdryer was good, if i didnt have the truck plugged in
and wanted to go now!
It would start it without the wait or fluids.
Using fluids, you need two people or a trained monkey!
The hairdryer you could put it in the intake, leave it running.
Get in the truck and start it!

gasser

appalacious said:
Zinlu said:

Zin
Hey middle GA! I'm in Warner Robins. Glad to see you join the board!
J
Hey Georgia folks! I am in Atlanta - maybe we can get together at one of our houses and work the trucks? Nothing like another set of hands, along with Pizza and Beer.

-graham

gasser

J and Zin - lets see about getting together one of these weekends. It maybe easier for me to come down in your guy's neck of the woods. PM me your thoughts ....

-graham

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks