• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So, what's the one thing you'd change?

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I meant a smiley with a huge green truck. I typed in my comment while looking at your avatar, and ended up typing avatar when I meant to type smiley. Sorry.

:patracy:

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have way too many tabs open on my computer, and way too many distractions right now :cookoo:. Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the least!

Don't know if it's been mentioned but I would like to see your location be a mandatory field when signing up with city and state. There seem to be several threads a day where someone quotes the rules referencing that you agreed to place where you live.

Brett

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Don't know if it's been mentioned but I would like to see your location be a mandatory field when signing up with city and state. There seem to be several threads a day where someone quotes the rules referencing that you agreed to place where you live.

Brett
It is a required field. But it's free text. So there's no means to prevent someone from saying "USA" or "Earth".

Whiterabbit

Minor one.
A simple smiley (LOL) in the emoticons first window instead of having to open up the larger "more" window.

It's the simple things in life..........

jdknech

I will 2nd (40th) the motion to split up the 5ton fourm (and would be more then willing to help with this as I have 6+ hours a day that I have a computer/internet with nothing to do)

also 2nd the motion for a RV fourm that includes trucks and trailers.. I love reading the conversions, but they are sometimes hard to find..

and last but not least (by a LONG shot) thank you, and all the other mods that put in your efforts! I have not got to meet you yet, but I had the pleasure of meeting clinto at the mvpa nationals this year, and SW and stretch at the haspin rally's.. please know that all your hard work DOES NOT go unnoticed! -Josh

RAYZER

I notice that when someone quotes a post that has pic's or attachments, those pic's and attachments duplicate and cause slower loading speeds under certain conditions.

ke5eua

So I was thinking about the MV of the month.

How about a MV of the year. Come January 1st you take the 12 winners of the year and start a poll for a MV of the Year.

I have a rule set in mind but it's rather jumbled in my head right now. Basically keeping it to where your based on your mods / work up to the point where you won, nothing after that. You are basing your votes on your win for that month. A lot can be done in a year so if the January winner completely overhauled his mv later that year and used that as his argument to win mv of the year it would be unfair as that didn't win him the January mv of the month.

Also, starting a new thread on Iron Planet alongside GL. How will the weekly win threads be, combined GL / IP or seperate threads?

azteclizard

I agree that the 5ton forum should be split up. With the influx of m900 series 5tons it is making it more and more difficult to figure out what series of truck is being discussed.
I personally own a 65 kaiser m52a2. It seems that it used to be much easier to find the information i was seeking before the section got flooded with all of the newer iron.

Last edited:

Artisan

There is NO such thing as a 900 series... an m939 series yes.

Indeed the 20 tons / M915 Series need there own area, totally different animal.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would make idiocy against the rules and cast away that chat bubble in the lower right that troubles the mobile users.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks