• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SoCal M818w/w on EbayMotors-1 day left

dburt

Nice M818 5-ton tractor on EbayMotors right now, according to the description it is almost all new with a winch. It's over $12,000 right now with a day left to go, it will be interesting to see what it tops out at. I don't know how to post a thread to it, but it is easy to find under the military vehicle section. What a nice truck! Yes, I know this is maby not the section to post this in, but it does have to do with a 5-ton which this section is dedicated to.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has been on eBay multiple times previously. He will not get his reserve price...at least that is my opinion. The only way he is going to get his price is if he actively markets the truck to a business that has priced out a new truck. It is a heck of a truck, but the same truck is bringing less than $4K at auction. I've been watching and did not have the cash to pull the trigger...too many costly projects at this time! If you want a more reasonably priced truck that is in the same condition, contact ANDYSDIESEL on this list (not sure his exact screen name). I think he wanted like $10K or so...possibly a bit under that.

M818's

Thanks Bruce. As Bruce mentioned typically a business would typically find the value with the truck on Ebay or possibly a collector that enjoys heavier trucks that can do work.

We started out with 5 of the refurbed M818's and are down to two left for sale. One truck is in Ohio and one is in Minnesota. The Minnesota truck has under 150 miles and under 10 hours since refurb. 5th wheel hasn't been hooked to a trailer since rebuild.

These aren't your typical "Aerosol Overhaul" dealer prep job rigs. These trucks have new tops, guages, seats, glass, weather striping, wiring, brake system including all new drums, new fuel tanks, new radiators, new lights, new CARC paint, new tires including spare, etc, etc etc. We are keeping one of the trucks for our own collection as we intend to use it on long recovery trips and driving to shows.

We took one of ours to the Big Iron Classic last year in Kasson, MN. It turned alot of heads at the show. Attached is a picture of my college roommate visiting from Belgium standing by the truck.

WWW.ARMY6X6.COM

Andy

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He must have lowered his reserve. At one point, his reserve was $18K. Someone got a heck of a nice truck...but they could have saved money by buying Andy's truck even if you factor in the shipping costs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks