• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft brake pedal on my Deuce

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just recently picked up another duece and im wondering about the low brake pedal. The fluid level is good and it stops ok but pumping it up 1 shot does raise the pedal height up. Just wondering if this could be a brake bleeding issue or possibly an airpack thing. Any help would be greatly appriceated since I am fairly new to this.

stumps

It's a leaky wheel cylinder thing.

The first thing a responsible deuce owner does is remove every wheel, and go through the brakes.

Some have found that the wheel cylinders on their deuces have the wrong kind of spring inside of them. The bad kits have a common cylindrical spring. The good kits have a spring where the coil ends have been wound to form an expander for the rubber piston cup.

-Chuck

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And would those good kits be available from a particular vendor?

sw

stumps

And would those good kits be available from a particular vendor?

sw
Those from OD Iron look good, and are new manufacture. The kits are a standard size, and can be sourced from numerous places, including NAPA.

I think the problem is with the complete wheel cylinders. It is hard to know what is in them without disassembly.

-Chuck

KaiserM109

Good advice about pulling all wheels and rebuilding everything, but in the short term (we seem to be working with a short term strategy in a lot of areas in this economy) check the brake adjustment. See the TM on how to do that. Excessive "run-out" on the shoes will cause you to need to pump the pedal.

gmccckw

hello guys,

I have a problem: my deuce and a half had a low brake pressure ( SPONGY BRAKE PEDAL)

I have revised a master cylinder
I have revised a brake booster
I have new wheel cylinder inside.
I have new brake hoses sit up.

And I can't find the problem with the spongy brake pedal.
do you know something?