• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

soft/hard doors

ari

I have 4 half doors on the way and was thinking about building a soft removable window out of soft doors like the h1 in the picture has anyone here done this? also to attempt this I need 4 soft doors in horrible beat up condition with good windows I can restitch them if torn new ones are rather expensive to be cutting on. if anyone has some they want to get rid of let me know. I will post the build if i find doors to cut up.
cars-hummer-hummer-1995-201778 (1).jpg

ryanruck

I'm definitely interested in seeing build details.

Half doors with soft windows are what I'd absolutely love to have on my truck but other projects on it come first.

Good luck!

papakb

Good luck finding soft doors with good windows, they're usually the first thing to fall out of them. They were sewn with the wrong thread and the sun eats it for breakfast. Next problem is they delaminate from the doors along the bottom edge of the window and lastly they turn black from sitting outside.

Kurt

HAWKMAN

Ari,
How many windows do you need? I have no problem in cutting a few out from the pile of bad doors....PM me if you are still in need....

ryanruck

Just bumping to see if you've made any more progress and have build details to share yet, OP. :cool:

I'm probably getting some new soft doors soon and the old ones are in pretty decent shape since I refurbed them. Would be perfect donor doors for this project.

ari

Just bumping to see if you've made any more progress and have build details to share yet, OP. :cool:

I'm probably getting some new soft doors soon and the old ones are in pretty decent shape since I refurbed them. Would be perfect donor doors for this project.
Well I did finish both the rear doors awhile ago every time I want to do the fronts I kept getting side tracked with other things so it fell to the back burner plus driving around with half doors is kinda cool 8). I have everything just need to do it I will probably finish it next weekend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks