• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft top 3 color template?

When I pick up my deuce here in the next 2 weeks, I want to quickly get to work on repainting the soft top cab cover, although it currently has a camo top, it's a tad leaky so George offered at no extra charge to put a brand new top on it.... But it's tan, I deffinatly want it because it's free and new ( plus he's saving me time by putting it on before I come by for the truck, thanks George!) but I'd like to paint it to match before the snow hits if I can manage, so two questions:

1) where can I find a template for the cab cover?

2) what type of paint will be best for the soft cover ( I do not know yet if it's canvass or vinyl, so both answers would be a load of help) and what colors match best? Again, it's three color green black and tannish-brown

James

wb1895

The cab cover will be vinyl. Call your local upholstery shop and see if they carry Vinyl Dye. That would be the best bet for making the color change permanent. If you dont want to use the dye, then you could try a can of spray paint. No promises if the paint will be permanent or not though.

As far as a template goes I imagine you could just wing it, or Google cammo templates.

x-ray

SEM paints sem paints, flexible coating, recolor auto interior, boat seats and panels, Sem color coat, sem aerosols

specialty vynil & leather paints are probably the best bet for long term durability. I have used SEM in tan, but I have had very good results thus far with OD Krylon Camo spray with "fusion technology" from wal-mart on my soft top and cargo cover.

I wanted an OD soft top & cover that compliments the vintage look with marine green and tried the KrylonOD camo - looks great and holding up well. Held up through rain, summer and cold without peeling at all

In the pic below you can see my deuce. Bothe soft top and cargo cover were camo - now OD with Krylon fusion. I wanted it to resemble canvas from vietnam era.

It took 2-3 cans to cover a soft top. but may need more over the tan base you can buy it to make a camo pattern too,

Attachments

Thanks for the advice guys, I wasn't quite sure which TM it was, I have all the deuce operator, engine, and trans TMs. Sounds like for cheap durability it's krylon fusion.

Sell the tan one, buy a woodland one..
If it was more around summer I'd be doing that, but I assume the winter might be a tad cold while waiting on a new top to come via mail, lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks