• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft Top anyone?

ajsmith184

I guess anything can be done, but I would think it'd be somewhat of a pain....I want to get one of these for carrying a canoe..The one I saw was adjustable, so you could make it just barely taller than the softtop, then above the cab use a foam block. They seem to range in price.......Little investigation should find one thatd work I would think...

http://www.kayakcity.com/yakima-dry...-kayak-rack/?gclid=CKjV4ObK57gCFdFDMgodAQUAcw

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/reh-7018100?seid=srese1&gclid=CInMlq3L57gCFYFhMgodkQsAXw

85CUCVtom

I hate to dig this one up again but I'm close (a few months) away from getting one of these.

I'm trying to get some pictures of how the rear window fastens to the tailgate.

If anybody here has one please snap a picture for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

ajsmith184

I hate to dig this one up again but I'm close (a few months) away from getting one of these.

I'm trying to get some pictures of how the rear window fastens to the tailgate.

If anybody here has one please snap a picture for me, it would be greatly appreciated.
Ill snap a few tonight...Its pretty simple. The two sides and the top have zippers. There is an aluminum pole that goes through the bottom of the tailgate/window piece snaps into plastic mounts on each side, then there is some velcro you put on the tailgate to seal.

ajsmith184

The glass itself doesnt come out..the softopper is essentially 4 different (top and 3 sides) pieces which can be unzipped. You can unzip the entire rear portion which would be the window and surrounding canvas...Or, you can unzip the two sides of that rear portion and unvelcro the bottom and roll it up.

rsh4364

Thanks. I really appreciate it. Is it possible to just completely remove the window glass once the top is installed?
If you are talking about the real factory glass,from what I have gathered we can remove glass and regulator and crank handle if you want.Im about 3 wks. from ordering,my window just slipped out of track again,and tired of fixing,will also save replacing lots of new window seals.

85CUCVtom

The rear window regulator being a POS is one of a few reasons I'm leaning toward the soft top. Also water leaks from the hardtop that I can't seem to track down, the open air driving and shedding 300lbs from the truck are all factors.

ajsmith184

On top of all that it's noticeably quieter...Road noise is about the same, but at least with mine the entire rear window mechanism banged around and made noise..That's gone. I removed the window and all the guts, tack welded the handle closed and call it done. My wife appreciates the lighter tailgate to lift and close as well.

And yes, I too had a leaking hard top. That's all fixed now and it's more water tight. Would have never imagined when I laid out the money it would be more water tight and make less noise...This is easily the best thing Ive done for my m1009

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks