• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft top gun torrent modification.

sermis

With the cost of a hard top and shipping plus I like the look of the soft top. Don't really like the slant back tips. I decided on the soft top modification. Added the gun ring torrent B pillar, attached to windshield, and made a bracket to the C pillar. Really modified the original B pillar as a cover over the round B pillar to support the soft top. Really pleased how it turned out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

riderdan

Very cool. I've had similar thoughts (don't like the slant-back, but would love a turret) and it's helpful to see how good your truck turned out.

sermis

I removed the seatbelt plate from the B pillar and cut out most of the curve then scabbed the original B pillar offer the gun B pillar. Worked out really nice. On the C pillar I added a piece of angle iron all the way across then made an angle iron bracket where I added the rubber bushing. I'm not going to shoot a 50BMG off of it but I think its strong enough for the 30cal.

sermis

I would like to get a round hatch cover. I think it would work better