• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft Top Windshield Bracket Question

Bocephus

So I took my project Humvee a part a couple years ago, and this included removing the soft top. I purchased a new black top, but I can't seem to find the old bracket that was used to secure the top to the windshield.

Does anybody know what this part is called so I can search for it correctly? Or does anybody have one for sale?

Thanks.

Action

The part that secures the top to the windshield frame is a 7' long thin strip of metal with a "c" channel that the top slides into. I was wondering why you removed that from the windshield frame. Or, do I not understand your original question.

Bocephus

Well, I honestly don't know why I removed it, haha. ORRRRR, the paint guy removed it, and I never received it back. I bought 4 Humvees at once, and this one was sent to paint for about a year, then sat in a shed for another year. Its finally now being finished, and I'm learning I cannot for the life of me remember where some parts went, like whatever piece holds the soft top down.

Action

if we are still talking about the same part....

5581367.....former, pillar front
aka 12340031

this one holds the top to the windshield frame,
then the bows and rails hold it down on the sides and middle, pillars hold it down on the back (and middle).

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if we are still talking about the same part....

5581367.....former, pillar front
aka 12340031

this one holds the top to the windshield frame,
then the bows and rails hold it down on the sides and middle, pillars hold it down on the back (and middle).
Find that in the parts TM did ya ?

Bocephus

Nothing has gone easily with this build, so I will just assume they did not do a good job.

The good news is, my buddy text me this morning saying he found the part in his shop. So I won't need to hunt one down now.

Action

Lay the top on the hood upside down, as if it was flipped over the w/s. Use lots of soapy water in the channel and the rib of the top. Start at one side and pull it through. It makes it easier if soldier B pushes it into the channel as soldier A pulls. These also attach to the pillars easier if out in the hot sun.
Flip it back over the seats. Not tight though. Pull on both sides to get the turnbuttons on the w/s frame into the holes. Then pull tight and do the rest.
There are also seals involved with that former piece.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks