• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft Top

The Baron

I have a 1984 M1009. Ive been thinking about picking up a soft top for it to use during the summer, as the hard top is a little too heavy for me to be putting on and taking off everyday. The only ones I can find are $800, which I can't justify paying. Anyone know about cheaper brand or option?

richingalveston

if you have a garage, you can put some lift rings in the ceiling with some pullys and it makes for easy lift off and replace. I have not done this but I have seen pics of others who have. it is a lot of bolts to remove and replace. I have a soft top on a jeep and hate it. If you get a soft top make sure there is nothing of value in the truck. I leave my jeep doors unlocked every where I go just to keep my top from getting cut by someone just wanting to steal my radio.

ajsmith184

I have a 1984 M1009. Ive been thinking about picking up a soft top for it to use during the summer, as the hard top is a little too heavy for me to be putting on and taking off everyday. The only ones I can find are $800, which I can't justify paying. Anyone know about cheaper brand or option?

Once you take off the hard top and install the softtopper, you wont go back. Everybody says that before they install it...

Softtopper is the only company making these..All the others went out of business 5+ years ago..And they were all more $ than softtopper anyway.

It really is a good, sturdy, well made top. I just put mine on this weekend.

General consensus on other boards is it is the best investment they made in their blazer/m1009....I agree.

Last edited:

ajsmith184

Nice!!! Can't wait to get my farm fresh M1009 there. What size tires are you running? Did you add lift?
Previous owner put them on, think they are 31s..Older style BFG Mud terrains.

no lift, all stock. Taking the 300lb top off makes the rear sit a bit higher :)

5moker

Very good, Mine has 31's but dosen't seem to fill the fenders up at all... They just look tiny on mine. Maybe the style tire. I got to get some pics posted but I have been working on it since I picked it up Saturday. 1984 with 19k miles!!! Been sitting on a GA campus for a long while. Just got her to turn over last night. Going through it and cleaning elctrical connectinons one at a time. Turns over now won't crank. Injector pump wire is the next terminal I am going to. All the connections have had to be moved around, starter realay unplugged and plugged back in. Lights and switches flipped several times to start working again.

michigan4x4

Once you take off the hard top and install the softtopper, you wont go back. Everybody says that before they install it...

Softtopper is the only company making these..All the others went out of business 5+ years ago..And they were all more $ than softtopper anyway.

It really is a good, sturdy, well made top. I just put mine on this weekend.

General consensus on other boards is it is the best investment they made in their blazer/m1009....I agree.

Looks Very nice!!! I REALLY Like it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks