• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft tops

Lawdog734

If you need the top only (without bows), Sportsmans Guide is selling new tops for $100 with a choice of a green M1035 ambulance top (full top to the rear) or the standard camo top with exposed rear.

houstonrealtor

What color ?
Preferably black but I read that people paint them with spray paint so I guess I could always do that if it is a different color.

If you need the top only (without bows), Sportsmans Guide is selling new tops for $100 with a choice of a green M1035 ambulance top (full top to the rear) or the standard camo top with exposed rear.
I'm not really sure what all hardware is needed to attach a top but I know that I would need the rear c-pillar for sure and the sides that go from windshield to rear c-pillar. Not really sure if anything else is needed. I would also need the rear part that goes down to the bed, not sure if that is part of the top or separate.

KansasBobcat

Preferably black but I read that people paint them with spray paint so I guess I could always do that if it is a different color.

I'm not really sure what all hardware is needed to attach a top but I know that I would need the rear c-pillar for sure and the sides that go from windshield to rear c-pillar. Not really sure if anything else is needed. I would also need the rear part that goes down to the bed, not sure if that is part of the top or separate.
In addition to the top you will need C pillar, 2 top bows, 2 side rails, rear curtain, and various fasteners and reinforcing plates. Hence my suggestion of the kit. Also consider shipping, the pillar and bows are long and expensive to ship. The kit will come by truck because of the size. The rear curtain covers the back and fastens to the bed.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless a large amount of rag top kits get dumped into the market from GL, expect the prices to increase as supply and demand increase. I had a cry baby last night who was offended by my quote on a slantback kit, a Kit I don't have mind you, just provided a realistic quote on what the market is commanding, as well as the price I sold my last kit for.
says it's only metal and will make his own...He was even more Pee'ode when I stated slantbacks suck...not sure why, I own one and have built more of them then I can count....anyway, was entertaining to say the least.
i wonder if that person is on this forum?

Lawdog734

I dont see these $100 ambulance tops you speak of Lawdog734 can you PM me a link? searching for HMMWV or anything related seems futile on Sportsmans Guide site.
Search for "Humvee" and it's one of 3 items they offer specific to that search term.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/new-us-military-issue-humvee-cover?a=1850746

They offer it in green, which is the M1035 ambulance top pictured that extends from the windshield to the very rear and in camo, which is the 4 man soft top covering the crew compartment only.

I bought the camo one and it was new in the box as advertised.

Mig1965

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a 4 man Arctic white soft top recently on Ebay for apprx $100 delivered. Picked up 4 cans of tan Vinyl & Fabric spray paint from Autozone and it came out perfect....see my M998 album. The paint is meant to flex and has not changed one bit in the past month.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a 4 man Arctic white soft top recently on Ebay for apprx $100 delivered. Picked up 4 cans of tan Vinyl & Fabric spray paint from Autozone and it came out perfect....see my M998 album. The paint is meant to flex and has not changed one bit in the past month.
That would've been perfect for MN......No cops would see me driving on the road.

fnpurist

I bought a white top too, I'm going to paint it black soon. I think the white tops are actually for UN hmmwv's not artic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks