• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Solargizer/Pulsetech mounting on 1151

rcamacho

I have a solar pulse charger that is known good. Curious about standard mounting locations in the service. I’m not overly enamored with hood/mushroom cap mounting or drilling holes in the top. Considering fabricating an aluminum panel mount to an existing location near the RF passenger roof for instance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papakb

I mounted mine in the center of the hood between the radiator opening and the windshield thinking the curious can see it but they can't touch it. I mounted it with wellnuts to simplify the mounting and to add a little vibration protection to it. The wiring I ran down inside the channels on the bottom of the hood by drilling 2 small holes and routing the wires down to the hood hinge and then along the frame back to the battery box.

Reactions: OBX

papakb

The only thing that needs to be close to the batteries is the converter box that provides the high voltage spikes to keep the batteries from sulfating. The solar panel itself can be anywhere and comes with about 15 feet of wire.

Hummer Guy

I have a solar pulse charger that is known good. Curious about standard mounting locations in the service. I’m not overly enamored with hood/mushroom cap mounting or drilling holes in the top. Considering fabricating an aluminum panel mount to an existing location near the RF passenger roof for instance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't know if you got a hard top, but you can always use double sided tape and mount it on top instead of drilling it in if you got a hard top

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't hard mount mine. I used non reversible connectors to make it to where I could disconnect the panel , mounted the box behind my seat (I have a 5 ton) and stow the charger while I'm driving and set it up wither on my roof or hood when parked to charge the batteries.

Last edited:

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's what I did bud, I knew I had pics... 🤦‍♂️

The non reversible connectors so I didn't hook them up backward:

Resized_20220529_110408.jpeg

Mounted the box just outside of my battery box:

Resized_20220529_110417.jpeg

And I can deploy the solar panel when convenient and store when not in use to minimize risk of damage:

Screenshot_20220730-191654_Chrome.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks