• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Solargizer

m35a2cowner

Question: Does anyone know if mounting a solargizer on a magnet will interfere with its operation or damage it? At times the truck is covered and if attached to the truck it wouldn't work. Thanks

1956_4x4

m35a2cowner said:
Question: Does anyone know if mounting a solargizer on a magnet will interfere with its operation or damage it? At times the truck is covered and if attached to the truck it wouldn't work. Thanks
Not sure about the magnet, but I've used "Velcro" and it has worked well.

Smitty

Jones

RE: Re: Solargizer

Just my two cents but I think it matters. Just looked at SCSolar's website and the only Solargizer mounting kits that don't permanently attach are held on by suction cups.
Smitty's idea about the velcro is a good one.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Technically the magnet should not interfere with the solar panel or make any impact on the production of current from the cell. The real problem would only occur if you somehow coiled your lead wires around the magnet a number of times which would create an impedance in the wire. Real problems occur when the magnet field is made and broken many times (a generator) but in mounting the cell I do not think you would have a problem. I mounted mine on the stack with an aluminum angle it looks non Army standard but then the Solarizer is being glued or bolted to the hoods of HMMWV's over in Iraq in an assortment of ways. The control box is more critical as far as how you mount it and I would not use a magnet on it since the electronic control circuits may be affected by an strong magnetic field. I will get some pictures on the site as soon as I get my digital camera working again.

m35a2cowner

mounting

Thanks to everyone for the advice and the pending pictures. Is this not a great site with a great bunch of members? I wish I could get half as much cooperation and work-to-getherness from my co-workers at work. Thanks again

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: mounting

I found an installation last summer on an M900 series 5-ton truck. It had two panels mounted with screws centered in front of the windshield. Each panel had been secured with 4 screws.
The control box(es) (only one left) were inside the battery box.

jasonjc

For some reson it posted muiltpull times all by itself. after read some of the other post I'd say to it how you what.

(I'm going to post this 1 time honest I'm not trying to chatch up to recorey)

houdel

Jason - Just yanking your chain. If you do get multiple postings like that you can sometimes delete them. If no one else has replied since you posted, there will be an "X" in the lower right corner of your posting. Click on the "X" to delete the extra posting(s). -- Lee

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks