• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sold My Deuce

randygk

Well we are finally leaving Ca (resisted using some common nicknames) and put the deuce up for sale. A guy called me from Los Angeles area and wanted to come get it and drive it home - which is 400 miles at 45-48 mph. I told him he was nuts and that half you guys would agree and half would say go for it.
He showed up Friday am after all night drive and we made the deal, he got in it and left. I must admit half of me admired his pioneering spirit.
I got a text from him the next day saying trip was long but truck ran great.
Thanks to all on this website that have contributed to my learning curve. Now for the 5 ton, not sure it will stay or go.
Carry on.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
45-48 MPH? Was there something wrong with it? Every running deuce I've ever owned was capable at 55-60.

randygk

The stencil on the dash read MAX Speed 48 MPH, he was driving a 45 year old truck 400 miles, so I assumed a leisurely 45-50 mph. I don't know what speed he cruised he at. I couldn't imagine cruising at 60, but it was a good truck, always started within 1-2 seconds. I'll miss it, but not as much as the 5 ton. Remember I'm in CA and with a Historic license I am forbidden from putting anything in the bed of the truck. There might be some new green iron at the new house in Idaho once settled in.

dmetalmiki

The stencil on the dash read MAX Speed 48 MPH, he was driving a 45 year old truck 400 miles, so I assumed a leisurely 45-50 mph. I don't know what speed he cruised he at. I couldn't imagine cruising at 60, but it was a good truck, always started within 1-2 seconds. I'll miss it, but not as much as the 5 ton. Remember I'm in CA and with a Historic license I am forbidden from putting anything in the bed of the truck. There might be some new green iron at the new house in Idaho once settled in.
Perfect.

(performance and 'treatment' (of that old truck)). That truck will last the new good owner.

texas30cal

I know tachs and or speedos may not all read exactly the same but I get 52-53 at 2500 on the stock tires. It's happier at 2400 , I'd hate to hear it at 60 mph with the stockers. I have a set of 395's for it, going to build my plates after getting the ac finished. Do your 395's have run flats in them? If so how do they ride?

Last edited:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
your not the first person I know who is heading to Idaho from cali. What gives?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks