• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soldered Lead on Oil Pressure Sensor?

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Removed from my 2007 M1151A1. Any ideas what the small soldered-looking lead was for? The oil pressure sensor has Steward Warner stamped into the metal on it.

IMG_2623.jpeg

Dieselmeister

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's why it MUST be disassembled, so we can all know. Curious minds want to know....
Well, my curiosity got to me, and I did some further research. One of the NSN documents I found says it is a pressure output port, but not for what purpose. Possibly for a capillary to an actual pressure gage? The doc states "sensor shall have one pressure input connection, one electrical connection, and in some cases a pressure outlet connection".

Guyfang

Staff member
I seem to remember, when one day I was bored, reading some of the M113 Family TM's. Yeah, that's bored. There was someplace in the -34 TM (?) something about one of the two switches to be used had a extra "Nipple", and one didnt. But the who, what and why I have long forgotten.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks