• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Solid state flasher

jkelly66

Please forgive if this has aready been asked did a search couldnt find anything. What I need to know is do the brake lights run through the flasher and if the flasher is bad could that be the reason I have no brake lights? I have already cleaned conections and ground but still no luck. If I need to replace the flasher where would be a good place to score one.
Thanks John

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John, just saw one on ebay a little while ago. Think it started at $25. Thats cheaper than you will find at a dealer right now. The brake lights do run through it. Make doubly sure its grounded too.

jkelly66

Thanks Kenny pretty sure thats what the problem might be my brake lights have never worked and now my signals flash about three times and go on solid. Took every conection off today and kleened them and kleened the ground as well still nothing so I gues Im going to get a new flasher

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The brake lights do not "go through" the flasher. The flasher only provides a flashing signal which is routed through the flasher control switch on your steering column.
You may need to check out the control switch (lever thingy on the steering column).

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
if lights flash at all they are capable of working, i. e. the bulbs and wiring are good. the power for brake lights goes to the brake light switch on the air pack and then back up to the turn switch. pull the connector off this switch, check for power and if it's there jump the connector and see if you have lights.
tom

jkelly66

Re: RE: Solid state flasher

�cranetruck� said:
The brake lights do not �go through� the flasher. The flasher only provides a flashing signal which is routed through the flasher control switch on your steering column.
You may need to check out the control switch (lever thingy on the steering column).
Thanks Bjorn I will check to see if that is where the problem is. as an update I didn't have connections on my flasher tight enough it flashes just fine now so all I have to fix now is the brake lights than I can go for a ride.

jkelly66

Re: RE: Solid state flasher

m-35tom said:
if lights flash at all they are capable of working, i. e. the bulbs and wiring are good. the power for brake lights goes to the brake light switch on the air pack and then back up to the turn switch. pull the connector off this switch, check for power and if it's there jump the connector and see if you have lights.
tom
Thanks Tom will try that next.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks