• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

solid state vibrator replacement

flobble

I was wondering if anyone knows of a simple circuit that would replace the 24 volt vibrator in the GRC family of radios. I tried finding a schematic through a google search and got really discouraged. You'd think something as simple as a transformer driver would be easy to find the plans for, but not so. Thanks.

Paul

Jones

How loud or obvious do you want it to be? There are piezo-electric devices out there for audible alerts and most of the cell phones use a micro-motor with an offset weight on the shaft to create a vibration when the motor runs.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No he means an aftermarket or home-made device that usually plugs into the vibrator socket in the radio. In the radio, the vibrator is not a buzzer, it is an electromechanical polarity-reversing switch that converts DC to AC and applies this AC to a power transformer so that the proper voltages are generated to operate the tubes and other stuff in the set.

What exactly kind of vibrator do you need? I have a pile of them. There should be numbers on it, and a pic. would be good.

flobble

Thanks, Ill get a picture of it tomorow, and the numbers off of it. I was just assuming it might be easier to try and replicate it with maybe a 555 timer circuit than to find originals. Glad to know they are still out there.

flobble

Here's the info off of the vibrator. I tried taking pics, but because it's round and shiny, they didn't turn out. As for a solid state replacement, the components would be too expensive, so if anyone has any stock ones, I would cefinitely be interested in purchasing.

24 volt 152 cps, type M3335C 7 pin vibrator

Thanks,
Paul

JasonS

You could try Antique Electronic Supply www.tubesandmore.com They sell 6 and 12V solid state replacements but may be able to point you in a direction for a 24V. It shouldn't be that difficult or expensive to build; maybe you can reverse engineer one.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I apologize for not having gone through the box of them that I have, but I have not seen this thread in a while. If you find it new fot $7.95 I would suggest getting a spare as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks