• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Some Days I Love My Job

CT-Mike

Today we are retesting one of our emergency diesel generators after a governor replacement. Pretty cool to see a 6,920 Hp, 5000 KW machine go from standstill to running fully loaded in around 10 seconds.

Fairbanks Morse V-14 beast.

CT-Mike

I do find it ironic that security is tighter at the nuke plant I work at than it is at the local military base.

Firebrand

'Real' installations are usually less 'tight' than some corporate facilities! I can speak to that from decades in the film business. Harder to film in corporate offices and spaces than the real government or military locations!

You should have seen National Guard Armories prior to 9-11, if you want to talk about "tight" government facilities

- and -

yes, the vault was full of weapons!

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I like your post but have to post too.

Me and three other guys made machines go from cold no steam to
superheat and 350 megawatts in 8 hours.
Nobody noticed because their lights didn't go out.
No access allowed by any other humans.

A normal day with a problem was to go from zero to 38 megawatts in 92 seconds with 36 machines at once, [36x38] with us running around "with our hair on fire". Sometimes only one human.
Nobody gets in unless We decide they can.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks