• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

some help please.......

pvtross

just started into this hobby a year ago.......have 2 m135s and fixing 1 up.....over half way there and have some questions......
my truck is automatic but you shift it manualy...have heard this called..REB POWER SHIFT KIT...........any thoughts or ideas on this????????

also the drivers seat bottom and back rest canvas is ruined...understand how to get new but would like orig if posible........if anyone has these i would love to buy......(( just the canvas is all i nead.........

also cant find a jerry can holder that fits n the drivers running board...please help(( would also love to buy..........

also would just want to say this is a great place to learn things and seems a great bunch of people here.THANX,,,,,,

i have many xtra parts also and would love helping a freind in nead........
email me at whitebums69@hotmail.com or reply here

pvtross...................

JohnnyReb

Welcome to the site.
Can't help you on those MV's but suggest that you run a search for the info. first.

It is amazing all the topics that have been addressed and the info. already in existence.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The Reb kit was a product of Memphis Equipment Company - 901-774-0600.

If you have issues with it, call before 4 central time sometime in the next year - their expert is retiring in about a year - and much knowledge is too.

What issue are you having with the fuel can holder?

Used canvas covers may be a bit tough - most FDs recovered theirs - and everyone else left them out in the weather.

HTH,
David Doyle

acetomatoco

Fuel can holders are universal...so it should just bolt right on...there are still some canadian folks with original canvas for the units... I sold the last of my original stuff just a couple years ago... the repros are OK, by the way... it is a two piece top....

butch atkins

canvas for m135 m211

hey fellow od junkies,have a nos ,new in the box,dated 1970,DECK,ASSY,cab,top part # 7410694,also called roof paulin in tm 9-8024,comes complete with the new manila ropes,never been put on a truck,i opened box to take pictures of it to prove to beachwood canvas that they were wrong about the correct size of the top they sold me,for sale 165.00 gets it to anyone in the lower 48 states,if anyone interested,email or pm,also have 1 used canvas top with black poly ropes for sale,65.00 ,or would consider trade for nos or excellent ,correct cabback,also called CURTAIN,cab,rear assy,part #7410693,nothing else looks like the factory canvas for these trucks,how do i know this?,because i have bought 4 tops/cabbacks,since 1992, from all of the major canvas vendors currently producing them,still using the original seat covers although they do look a bit faded and scuffed,this message is for anyone thinking about buying new repro canvas for m135/m211 trucks,BEWARE ALL CANVAS IS NOT CREATED EQUAL,LOOK CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU SPEND YOUR MONEY,ok time to shut up and go to bed,good luck to all on your projects

mo-mudder

What do you want to know about the Powershift? I've got the same thing on mine and it works like a champ. Just like a manual valve body on an automatic; choose low or high forward HIWAY, not HILL, and run thru 1, 2, 3, and 4, and same for downshifting. Just watch that 2-3 downshift, it's a REAL doozy.

hippiedude

Welcome !!! I too am a GMC nut (1952 XM211 W/W ) memphis equipment had driver side backs & bottoms on ebay.....I got a nos back for my truck...perfect match to my original bottom.....would you have a good gas tank ???

pvtross

thanx

first thanx a ton guys for the replys and help..........this was a great find for me this web site..............
still very new o me and its funny at times its like your all typin greek!!!! love lookin at all the pixs and can tell your all proud of your efforts to help save this history..

pvtross.........

still need many iteams and the hunt is as fun as the find!!

deuceman51

I have all those parts you were looking for if interested. I sent a pm to you. Hope to see some pics of your project. I have 4 of these trucks and they are great to work on and look really neat.