• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Some Kansas hill country treasures....

91W350

This week's business had me making a short road trip yesterday. When the temperatures approached 110, I quit pulling parts and went to check on these trucks I heard about this week. The report of a deuce with winch had me rolling... I was hoping for a M35, but found a M135 and..... a.... I am not sure truck...

91W350

GMC Diesel 860

I found this truck much more interesting. Like the last truck, they drove it to its resting spot and shut her down, replaced by newer and faster, not necessarily better.

I did some Google searching and found several photos of 860s with sleepers, none like this one though. I also climbed around on this for a while and the engine mounts look original, not cobbled into the frame. The frame looks OD... Anybody else see one like this before? 8)

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would love to have the COE. Not that I need it but I have always had a softspot for the COEs.

Install new running gear and the old sheet metal.....:drool:

91W350

I would love to have the COE. Not that I need it but I have always had a softspot for the COEs.

Install new running gear and the old sheet metal.....:drool:

Did you catch that it is running a 6-53? It is on M135 running gear, they said it always had plenty of power, I would imagine so! They were confident it would fire up and run with a short pull start. It is pretty unusual with that slab back of the cab, like it was made for a sleeper and never had one installed. It has hydraulic assist steering. Glen

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks