• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Some new parts and paint on the Deuce

ida34

Over the last couple of weeks I have installed some pigtail tiedowns for the bed that I traded gimpy for. He had the original style and I had some of the trailer style replacements. He also sent me a stone guard for the grill. The front step I got off Ebay as the tailgate step was way to high since adding the winch. I also cleaned off the brush paint job on my bridge plate. The big thing was sanding down the bed. I rolled on some POR-15 then shot some carc tonight.

In addition, I painted and installed a new tailgate for the M1009 for my son. I picked it up at the Findley show.

Enjoy the pics. I am going to continue painting a little at a time. The best thing about camo is most people do not know the difference between the new paint and the old.

Attachments

ida34

I am working on my last gallon of green water cure carc. I got it from Sherwin Williams. I have some other water borne stuff that I have yet to try. It is expired so I rolled the dice but got it much cheaper. The one picture shows the archeology of my paint. We have the original red oxide followed by the 1969 24087 semigloss OD. Then it gets kind of weird. My camo job looked like a really bad job of MERDC. The green is really faded stuff that was brushed on with large brush marks. I have to sand all of it down so I can paint the base green over it. This is what I had to get off my bridge plate. I figured this was prior to the Carc three color nato era. The weird thing is a uniform tan paint job over the 24087. It almost looks like Carc 686 Tan. It came from a reserve unit so they may have hand painted it back green after Desert Storm. Who knows. One of these days I am going to get around to sanding the front bumper to see what the past units were.

timass1

The Sherman Williams paint looks great do you have any part numbers for it and maybe the tan. Most of the 383 paint I see still has a sheen to it but yours looks pretty much like carc. I read that sherman williams did have it but was unsuccessful at my local dealer. Any help would be great.

ida34

Sherwin Williams supplies it to the military. It is "real" carc. You must check with an Industrial Coatings store. Your local dealer can't get it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks