• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Some sorta leak

TGeorge

M1078 A1 circa 2006 I have something leaking, either Hydraulic fluid or diesel that is leaving a light coating on the top of my fuel tank. I first I thought is was my cab tilt pump as it was a bit "wet" and a known failure point, but after pulling off the pump mount cover plate I don't think so. The oil at the pump is probably just the aerosol that escapes at the sintered vent. Lines to the pump were not wet.

I pulled the rock guard off the front of the fuel tank and there is a maze of hoses on top of the tank (fuel lines) and a 2nd maze of hydraulic lines connected to the hydraulic control / selector panel.

I de-greased and pressure washed the area as best I could. This may help me locate the leak, but I was hoping that others have been down this road before. Love to hear about what they found.

Thanks

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The internal seals on the hydraulic pump are notorious for going out. If you're seeing spray coming out the vent, they need to be replaced. Mine started with the spray leak but very quickly became full on liquid squirts. You may also have leaky valves in the control box. They are not hard to replace, but if you're going to do one, you may as well do all of them. Only other thought would be the fuel lines.

TGeorge

The internal seals on the hydraulic pump are notorious for going out. If you're seeing spray coming out the vent, they need to be replaced. Mine started with the spray leak but very quickly became full on liquid squirts. You may also have leaky valves in the control box. They are not hard to replace, but if you're going to do one, you may as well do all of them. Only other thought would be the fuel lines.
I have the rebuild kit for the pump, but I expected to find a leak running down the hoses from the pump to the top of the fuel. The pump hoes were dry.

Thanks for the info about the control box. Anyone have the PN# and source for the seals / orings for those control valves?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks