• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Some Squeelin'!!

SuperchargedRS

I have noticed that sometimes when I start the truck when it it cold outside it will squeel for a while, after the 1009 warms up it will stop, when it's hot outside no prob.

Watch'a think????

Thanks,
-SuperchargedRS

JAsher45

RE: Some Squeelin

inspect your belts. check the and see if the are tight with right amount of deflection. you may want to take your belts off and clean your pullys with a wire brush and some alcohol.

acetomatoco

RE: Some Squeelin

PM is a wonderful thing... while you are under there...don't forget to drain the water out of your fuel filter...and check the power steering fluid level in the hidden pump....and the DOT 5 in your dual MC...and fill the squirt sauce thingie for the WSW...

CCATLETT1984

SuperchargedRS said:
I have noticed that sometimes when I start the truck when it it cold outside it will squeel for a while, after the 1009 warms up it will stop, when it's hot outside no prob.

Watch'a think????

Thanks,
-SuperchargedRS
Its a common thing with the cucv's when checking the belts, look to see if they are shiny on the under side, the glazing would make them slip a little.

I replaced all of my belts with the goodyear "Gatorback" belts, and have not had any squeeling since. Also, the goodyear belts have a lifetime warrenty. I'll have to look up the part #'s for ya.

SuperchargedRS

Rock on guys, this is why I like this site!

I will check pop the belts off in a day or so so check em' and let you guys know what I find.

Thanks allot
SuperchargedRS