• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Some very strange wiley coyote contraptions: caspian sea monster and underwater aircraft carrier

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This would make a perfect couple as MVs for somebody living near a lot of water:

The Caspian Sea Monster - "Lun" ekranoplan.

Don't expect to see this plane taking off, its supposed to skim over the water with a horrifying speed and fire rockets while doing so.

Another contraption that just did not make it: the Japanese underwater aircraft carrier I-400 submarine

This would have worked also but came 5 years too late.

CMPPhil

This would make a perfect couple as MVs for somebody living near a lot of water:

The Caspian Sea Monster - "Lun" ekranoplan.

Don't expect to see this plane taking off, its supposed to skim over the water with a horrifying speed and fire rockets while doing so.

Another contraption that just did not make it: the Japanese underwater aircraft carrier I-400 submarine

This would have worked also but came 5 years too late.

For fun look up Navy Loon program, US Navy combined the I-400 concept and German V1

Cheers Phil

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The I-400's were all sunk of Hawaii to keep the Soviets from looking them over, (slowed them up, didn't stop them thanks to the Germans they caught) the resting places of them is just of late coming to be known but all are quite deep. The US military is looking seriously into re-introducing amphibious aircraft into the inventory, especially for re-supply of forward deployed small units and specwar insertions. There was an article in Naval Institute "Proceedings" this month. Many times the truth is stranger than fiction

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turns? Rough seas?
I think the Caspian contraption could handle up to 8 - 9 feet waves, turns probably would be not as rapid as hover crafts, but no idea.

As to the I-400, bad weather off course was the major problem especially when recovering the planes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks