• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Some video of my first M35A2

Truckoholic

Just wanted to make a video of my M35 driving around. So here it is. I'll get some video like this of my M813A1 sometime soon.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpAivj8IDVc[/media]

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you had a spokesperson talking over the video it would have been like watching a commercial for the M35. Very cool video.

If only I had a place to park one I could have "my first deuce".

swampzr2

You did a great job putting that video together, very professional. I wish we had country roads and trails like that out here. What beautiful landscape!!!

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very, very good job on that video. That was better than many commercials. You made me want to buy an M35 and I already have two.

Truckoholic

Thanks guys! Yes I am very lucky to live where I do. Hundreds of miles of dirt roads just right out my back door. Don't even have to go on any public streets to get there, so it gives me an opportunity to test drive things like this that do not have registration or insurance on them yet.

davey8943

Truckoholic,

Very cool Vid! What are you burning in it? The exhaust looked a little blue, but that may have been lighting...

I can't wait to see the one of your 813!

Did you move the headlights down? Anyone know if that was a common "Unit Modification" for some reason?

Dave

Truckoholic

So far I was just burning the fuel that was in the tank when I got it which seems to be straight diesel and does not smell old. But you are right, it is making grayish blue smoke and it's kind of been bugging me a little. But before I run it much more I'm gonna replace all the filters and maybe drain the tank and put what I know is good fuel in I before I get too worried about it.

And the headlights were mounted low like that when I got it. I've seen other guys put theirs low like that, and I was looking at doing it on my m813 since they are technically illegal at 63 inches when the federal height limit is 54 inches at the center of the light. But on my m813, it looks like it is not just a simple matter of moving parts around. So I don't know if I'll ever go to the trouble just to make it legal.

Truckoholic,

Very cool Vid! What are you burning in it? The exhaust looked a little blue, but that may have been lighting...

I can't wait to see the one of your 813!

Did you move the headlights down? Anyone know if that was a common "Unit Modification" for some reason?

Dave