• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Someones Dogma ran over my Karma

Sorry couldn't resist to play on WM saying.
My 42' Tipper has been under going some rehab, body, paint and a list of mechanical stuff. Was all ready to drive it home last night after a long awaited arrival for finel paint and detail. Got it out on the road, runs very well.... except, it started to overheat like a big dog 10 or so minutes after take off. Seems I have another motor in the stable with trouble, thought I'd start on the radiator, no water was flowing through, clogged up for sure. Gave it some cleaner today and some light acid to get it moving, seemed to work, now the radiator has some movement but it seems to not be flowing to and from the motor now (has new water pump). I'm sure where theres that much crap in the radiator, theres just as much in the water jackets of the motor. I could use some advice from the group for any good experiences for motor cleaning, more specificly, rust or junk in the water ports.
Seems like motor failings have followed me like a dark cloud, first the old Oshkosh, now the old Chevy. Hence "Someones Dogma ran over my Karma"

Flyingvan911

Cool avatar pic. You might flush it some more. Back flush and see what comes out the bottom of the radiator and block. You might need to take the radiator to a shop to have it cleaned professionally. Remove the thermostat and stick a garden hose in the block with the water on full blast.

The thread title is more about my recent run of $hitty luck with motors, as well as not taking myself to serious. First my mini excavator roasted its Kuboto motor a year ago followed by my Oshkosh Wt2206 motor having frozen over apparently from to much down time. Now its my 42 Tipper, ready for final paints and detail, just bad luck I'd say. So please induldge me and my post for playing on words, if not Wreckerman893.
A few years back when I moved to the Sedona land, I drove a old Toyota fj55, its only bumper stickers read, "Visualize Whirled Peas" and "My Karma ran over your Dogma". Very fitting I thought for Crystal crunching land:shock:

nattieleather

Take the radiator off and flush it. Then flush the block as discribed above. Might try something like simple green or even dawn dish soup in the radiator to see if you can flush the crud out. Make sure the detirgent is all flushed out before you reattach everything and put fresh coolent in. The advice on taking the rad to a rad shop to be flush professionally isn't a bad idea. Just make sure that before they flush it they can repair it, because their flushing may cause the crud that's holding it together to come loose and you may get leakes. Hence they have to repair it.

Good luck and as always more pics of your truck please!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks