• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Something every MEP TQG owner should undertake... rodent proofing

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Going through a low hour, good condition 802 for an existing customer. This thing was on a trailer, way up and away from problems... Looks super clean and in awesome shape right?

2024-01-25-14-06-00-606.jpg

Almost EVERY single time.... and you won't ever know unless you take the roof off and/or see sign near the air intake hose
2024-01-25-14-06-16-672.jpg
2024-01-25-14-06-03-826.jpg

Do yourself a favor... identify any and all ingress points for rodents on your particular machine, and use some 1/4" (or smaller) hardware cloth to refuse entry to the little nest builders. This was on a trailer unit... how easy can they sneak in to your machine, if its ground mounted? Short money today... big savings in the future!

Last edited by a moderator:

2Pbfeet

Where else do you recommend? I did the intakes, the drain under the engine, and sealed the power feed through. The coolant drain I protected with a female brass GHT to barb adapter, with the female section flipped over to protect the hose. Anywhere else of concern? Can mice get in through the battery hold down slots?

1706222171474.jpeg

All the best,

2Pbfeet

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After reading on here about the havoc that the little buggers cause, that was one of the first things I did to mine when I got it. I posted it here awhile back
Fast forward to two weeks ago I pulled it out of storage and all the screens must have worked cause the only place they got in was the top screen where the radiator intake is, but it doesn’t lead to anywhere so they can’t hurt anything further. Anyways while cleaning it all out, I apparently had help removing the pest by the 2-3 ft long snake skin that remained in the rats nest lol. I chock that up as a win.

Fungal

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I apparently had help removing the pest by the 2-3 ft long snake skin that remained in the rats nest lol. I chock that up as a win.

Hah! Nice... I never kill snakes... even venomous ones get to live (unless I catch them in the house).

Because they have snake-things they need to go do... like eat rodents.

And you usually only have trouble with snakes if you're careless, or dumb (or drunk)... and snakes don't chew-your-wires/start-fires... or give you Hantavirus... or Bubonic Plague...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks