• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Somethings amiss with GL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLOrazorsedge

Without mentioning any specific auction on GL, has anyone noticed that their active bidding and watch lists have been all but deleted by GL? Most of Calif, NV and Texas active auctions are mostly MIA, only a few items remain. I was engaged in about 20 active bids, only 3 remain. I also had two pages of watchlist, I now only have 3 items. I searched the GL locations and the auction items have simply disappeared. Anyone have any intel on "waz up?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went from two pages of watchlist down to four items. Most everything I was interested in was beyond my financial reach (guess I'll wind up with a rock), other items I was just curious about.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How many times has this happened? Too many to remember.

Your a newbie so you haven't been exposed the the GL shenanigans.

Last edited:

usmcm35a2

Had been watching an item for 3 weeks, waiting for auction to open. Disappeared from watch list only to appear on closed watch list after auction ended. Sold for $25.00 with one bid on item. Make's me wonder if somebody wanted it for themselves.

Hooper

Had been watching an item for 3 weeks, waiting for auction to open. Disappeared from watch list only to appear on closed watch list after auction ended. Sold for $25.00 with one bid on item. Make's me wonder if somebody wanted it for themselves.

Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. I was watching some HETs going through and was just watching for shear curiosity and they disappeared all together. I just figured I was loosing my mind. I told my wife I was keeping two army trucks and she was kind enougth to explain to me that I had gone crazy. This means that I am not as crazy as I had thought. Maybe three trucks are in my future....

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
S.O.P Standard Operating Proceedure, a military term now widely used to describe how a civilian organization conducts business.

GL is the stud duck in the US military surplus disposal business. They have an exclusive contract and they know it.

Those of us who play their game have become used to their quirky ways.

If you don't want to deal with them you can buy from someone who is willing to jump through the hoops and pay a little more.

Buying from GL is, and always has been, a crap shoot as far as getting what you see on the screen.

They have all kinds of reasons for pulling items and don't really have to explain it to customers as it is all spelled out in their fine print disclaimer.

Edit: I just checked my account and the same thing happened. At one site where there were over 200 lots three days ago there are now only 14 lots total. Verrrrrrrry interesting.

Last edited:

hdexpert

Same here, had 25 items on watch list yesterday (all in Ohio) and all but three are gone this morning!! I agree the GL has always been a crap shoot and always will be so buyer beware.
I must say that ever since they opened Uncle Sam's Retail Outlet their business practices are more questionable than ever!!

zout

Ya all stop worrying - I went and picked it all up and starting my own HOA survelience watch program. I think I have enough now.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same here, bids and watch list vanished , whole events gone. So I jumped on our site because I knew there would be a bunch of us in the same boat. I love this site.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
86 threads come up with a search for watchlist. This topic has been covered well in the recent past.

Next time search before posting and ad to an existing thread if your topic fits.

And since this a GL topic, it belongs in the GL forums.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
But OKC had 1700+ items and now only 265. And the same for Ohio.

Must be Aliens or Zombies. Or maybe the NSA has been listening in and decided to buy all the stuff themselfs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks