• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sometimes will crank over sometimes wont

jbird3898

my m35a2 with a hercules runs awsome and has no problems when it runs. sometimes i will shut it off and go back to restart it and it will not crank at all. the accsessorys will come on but when i press the starter button nothing will crank. the switch is good and i am getting 24 volts to the starter sylionod. when i got bak to it in like an hour or so it will crank over like nothing was ever wrong. any ideas to the problem would help. I hate daling with electrical problems. thanks

dburt

There is a good chance it is your starter relay. If it gets too hot, it may be sticking. It is bolted to a bracket on the turbo side of your engine block, it is best accessed by removing the air cleaner filter housing. Or it could be your starter solenoid on top of the starter, it may get a "heat sink" effect, and only want to work properly when below a certain temperature, hence the need for the engine to cool down before it works again. And if the starter bearings are worn, it may also be affected by the "heat sink" effect.

hole

Mine has done this on rare occasion but always started within a couple of pushes of the starter button. I think that someone very recently posted about this very subject, maybe try searching through past posts.