• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Somewhat Sad Day at GL??

jamieboy

Well got a phone call from GL today and they wanted my feedback on what I wanted to do. I bid and won a m109a3 from the Columbus site. Had just got my EUC in and it had been sent off to Battle Creek. Problem is now, the truck has been moved to Maryland, and they wanted to know if I could recover it there.
It was going to be a little challenge to get it from Columbus, so I had to tell them
at this time there was no way, especially since the truck was listed as running condition unknown. I am disappointed, as this was my first, but I always try to find
a good side to everything, and maybe this truck just wasn't meant to be. Just curious if anyone else has gone through this situation also??:-(

Chief_919

Another shining example of incompetence from Government Liquidation.

You can bet it was moved at taxpayer expense too.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would have queried them on what else they have that IS at Columbus. Often times they will let you take another truck that hasn't been sold or was defaulted on. Could be a blessing if they have anything.

rhinob

My first buy from GL was an XM818 w/ow from Ft. Meade. They sent the wrong truck home with the driver. The trailer I won at Aberdeen, MD was a total POS and my driver left it there. I was the FOURTH person to turn it down. The photos somehow appeared FARRRR better than the reality on the ground. Oh well....so I do this because it feels good when I stop. aua

Nonotagain

Get quotes from a couple of transportation companies for moving the truck from Columbus and then a second set of quotes for the move from Maryland and present them to Government Liquidation.

It's in their court, they moved the vehicle so it should be up to them to pay the difference in recovery costs.

Don't back down.

markmontana

get quotes from a couple of transportation companies for moving the truck from columbus and then a second set of quotes for the move from maryland and present them to government liquidation.

It's in their court, they moved the vehicle so it should be up to them to pay the difference in recovery costs.

Don't back down.
^ this!!!

wsucougarx

Well got a phone call from GL today and they wanted my feedback on what I wanted to do. I bid and won a m109a3 from the Columbus site. Had just got my EUC in and it had been sent off to Battle Creek. Problem is now, the truck has been moved to Maryland, and they wanted to know if I could recover it there.
It was going to be a little challenge to get it from Columbus, so I had to tell them
at this time there was no way, especially since the truck was listed as running condition unknown. I am disappointed, as this was my first, but I always try to find
a good side to everything, and maybe this truck just wasn't meant to be. Just curious if anyone else has gone through this situation also??:-(
I just have to say something. One thing that really caught my eye was your positive attitude. First and foremost I compliment you on that! Next is you'll need this shining positive attitude when dealing with GL. Now this is the extreme of what I have seen with GL but hey, if you can deal with this situation with this positive attitude then your future GL dealings should be good to go.

mckeeranger

Have you already told them no? That is, did you go ahead and let them off the hook?

AceHigh

I bought and paid for a w/w deuce at Butner NC and received an email that it was moved to Cherry Point.

Before I answered the email I got another email saying my EUC time had run out and they were refunding my money. After many many days.

Not the way I do business. :mad:

Heavysteven

That sucks. Typical, if I may share my story. Picked up my truck in December while it was on hold. GL rep said come get it. I said ok and sent a driver for pickup. Truck arrived next day. Then in Jan I get an email asking when I was going to come get my truck. They wanted to to setup a date. I replied I had picked it up. Get an email again telling me I had not and needed to come get it still. I thought hmmm could I use another deuce, but that's not me. I replied to the lady with a photo of me and the truck in the driveway. She replied "wow, Sir I see you have your vechile thank you very much"

Now I your case I would have asked if I could get another truck from that location. They probally would have said go pick one of those and we will close the transaction. These trucks are just numbers to them. There focused on cash flow.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What other private company could pull some of the crap GL does and still stay in business? :cookoo:

Look on the bright side. Atleast they called and told you and not waited until you went to pick it up only to find out it's not there.

rhinob

What other private company could pull some of the crap GL does and still stay in business? :cookoo:

A business with tremendous connections to the Dept. of Defense and made up of say, former officers? So much for the "Gentleman" part, huh? "Disgusted" is the word which best describes my feelings toward GL.

hemichallenger

I bought and paid for a deuce in Warner Robins and when i received the paid in full it was in Atlanta. I picked it up anyway but was not to happy.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From a certain perspective....

You, in good faith, bid on a truck "As Is, Where Is" based upon information THEY provided. THEY moved it, and substantially established a BREACH of Auction Terms......

They are now telling you that they FALSELY ADVERTISED an item in a location that was UNTRUE. YOU should not suffer ANY LOSS due to THEIR PROBLEM.

I'd TELL THEM to retrieve it themselves and if they'd like to drop it off at YOUR location instead of taking it all the way back to the original site, then that could be a Win-Win situation for BOTH parties.

..... But I fantasize.... GL is not known for cooperatation, good judgement and common sense.

<SIGH>

midcounty

I'm in MD. PM me some details on the truck. If it's something I would be interested in maybe we could work something out where I would just buy it from you and pick it up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks